The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Video – The Basics

By on March 30, 2009 10:08:47 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Demigod Lead Designer, Mike Marr, has a new video demonstrating the “basics” of the upcoming game, Demigod.

+462 Karma | 16 Replies
March 30, 2009 10:22:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Respawn after a short period of time?  Believe me that is the longest 30 seconds ever

March 30, 2009 12:54:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

apparently the word RPG has completely lost its meaning these days ....... since when do you roleplay in strategy games

March 30, 2009 2:13:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It has many RPG elements.  When you play it, you'll see.

March 30, 2009 5:26:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

So RPG has devolved into meaning level ups and item selection?

March 30, 2009 5:34:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Those elements are typically found in RPG games....

March 30, 2009 5:44:42 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I was the first one to comment on youtube,hehe.

Keep up the good work!i cant wait to play but its a bit expensive for me.

March 30, 2009 5:58:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Looks Amazing. Well done guys.

March 30, 2009 7:01:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You take the role of a freaking Walking Castle Demigod in his quest to reach true godhood, how is that not role playing.

March 30, 2009 7:23:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Thrawn2787,

like those first person shooters in which you often have to walk and did you notice: in Sims 2, there are walking people, too, so Sims 2 has to be a FPS -.-

taking one single element of a RPG and putting it into another game of a different genre doesn't qualify for calling that game a RPG, too. I think that RPG is the most inflationarily used label which is put on games these days. Dang, I miss the days of Baldur's Gate where RPGs were about a captivating story and not about having an inventory... :-/

March 30, 2009 7:38:03 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Sinon,

Quoting Thrawn2787, reply 5
like those first person shooters in which you often have to walk and did you notice: in Sims 2, there are walking people, too, so Sims 2 has to be a FPS -.-

taking one single element of a RPG and putting it into another game of a different genre doesn't qualify for calling that game a RPG, too. I think that RPG is the most inflationarily used label which is put on games these days. Dang, I miss the days of Baldur's Gate where RPGs were about a captivating story and not about having an inventory... :-/

You should try a RPG by Bioware. They hit the nail on the head every time with their games.

April 1, 2009 3:13:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Um... Baldur's Gate was one of BioWare's first games.

April 1, 2009 5:12:02 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Having RPG elements doesn't mean it's an RPG... If the goal of the game is to 'win' a map through strategy, then it's clearly not an RPG, but a strategy game.

Other than that, looking good.

April 1, 2009 3:13:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You are a little late for such complains tbh. there are already tons of rpg/rts games that dont have any rpg features but leveling and items. Not to mention the mass of mmorpgs that solely consists of leveling and chatting.

April 2, 2009 1:10:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He talks funny...hehe jk jk

Game looks great...if it works out well...I'll be home for Easter to buy this!!! If not, well then I'm out of luck, being at college....

April 2, 2009 9:24:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I havent watched the video but...
Dont think any of the Devs think this is a RPG. They call it something more like a RTS/RPG.

apparently the word RPG has completely lost its meaning these days ....... since when do you roleplay in strategy games

Since RPG/RTS games.

April 2, 2009 10:42:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its and RTS with apparent RPG components...

At least thats what I'm getting from research since I never pre-ordered it,

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000329   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.