The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: Gamma Status Report

By on March 29, 2009 3:45:01 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

This week Demigod goes into private Gamma testing.  It’ll be in Gamma for about a week (and no more than a week and a half in order to make the April 14th street date).

So what are the changes you can expect from the beta to final?  We’ll know a lot more this week but here are some general things that are on our mind:

1. Lots and lots of balance tweaks based on feedback. See https://forums.demigodthegame.com/342558 to get a sampling.

2. Implementation of Multiplayer Skirmish.  That’s where you choose a Demigod and press fight and the match making finds someone for you to play with.

3. Impulse Reactor Overlay. The ability to send messages to friends, chat, user score, etc.

4. Impulse Reactor NAT. This is the infamous connectivity stuff. Unlike most games, Demigod is pure peer-to-peer in order to reduce in-game latency. The challenge, however is that EVERYONE has to be able to send and receive UDP packets (in most games, only the host needs to do that).  This past week, the lead developer of RAKNet was at Stardock to help in this area.  We expect to have a new beta of Demigod this week with some of these changes in.
  5. Impulse Integration.  We’re going to try to put as much useful information into Impulse for finding and getting games going as possible. So data like disconnects, rank, etc. will start to be displayed. You’ll be able to pick a game, click launch and be inserted
    into that game.  This is an area we plan to expand on after release as well.

Impulse Reactor: Phase 3 internal beta

+912 Karma | 37 Replies
March 30, 2009 2:35:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[quote who="[AC]DalzK" reply="21" id="2119084"]First of all before i uninstally XP, I meant a RTS/Strategy game

Secondly, Solitaire is so imba, so much luck involved it annoys me...they shud release patch for it imo.
[/quote]

Tic Tac Toe

March 30, 2009 3:22:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tic Tac Toe

Player that starts always wins or draws. It's an issue all consecutive turn based games have.

March 30, 2009 3:42:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DatonKallandor,

Tic Tac Toe

Player that starts always wins or draws. It's an issue all consecutive turn based games have.

This is false.  I have lost and went first in tic tac toe before.

March 30, 2009 3:44:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is false.  I have lost and went first in tic tac toe before.

Thats because you are underpowered.

March 30, 2009 3:51:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Play-yourself-Chess. One side has to win, which means the same part of you (responsible for analytical thinking) would be both underpowered and imba at the same time, and the universe would implode from the apparent paradox.

March 30, 2009 8:40:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Play-yourself-Chess. One side has to win, which means the same part of you (responsible for analytical thinking) would be both underpowered and imba at the same time, and the universe would implode from the apparent paradox.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious, its called common sense.

Anyway, back on topic, is the Gamma test going to include any of the Beta testers or is it Stardock insiders only?

March 30, 2009 8:45:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This week Demigod goes into private Gamma testing.

I'm guessing private means in-company only.

March 30, 2009 9:56:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
Even as I comment here, there are multiple active threads I'm seeing on the Demigod forums proclaiming that we need to postpone Demigod for "months".  Because it's buggy? No.  Because it's incompatible or too slow? No.  But because it needs more time for unspecified "balance" changes.  Because, as you know, there is only ONE correct way to balance.

Humm buggy YES. there are basic control bug with mostly the beast (other character affected too but easier to reproduce with the beast) when we try to use a skill after warping and the beast just stand here doing nothing is an example.

But hey I dont vote personally to push back the release date. Im just telling that there are bugs.

How many time in Cataract I saw my ROOK trying to (sorry for the word) "fuck" a corner near a flag.

Im sure a patch will fix this but please dont tell me the game is not buggy.

Anyway release the game on 14 april please because we want to pown some new noobs

March 31, 2009 8:53:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey guys I just pre ordered the game. Now that it is in private beta.... does it mean I will only get my hands on the game when it releases

March 31, 2009 8:55:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RallyHeart,
Hey guys I just pre ordered the game. Now that it is in private beta.... does it mean I will only get my hands on the game when it releases

Yep. The beta is closed now. You have to wait at release sorry.

April 1, 2009 11:49:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did Gamma start already?  Is it fun? 

April 3, 2009 10:30:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ke5trel,
Did Gamma start already?  Is it fun? 

Who knows it is private

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.