The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[BUG] Desynch Without Notification

By on March 26, 2009 11:36:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So I've played several games in the latest Beta that have a strange desync protocol. 

The game will hang for a bit and then for player w, y, and z the announcer says player x has left the game and AI has taken over for player x. 

Player x sees the same thing though.  The game freezes for him for a second and then he hears the announcer tell him that AI have taken over for players w, y, and z.

No one sees the Eject screen.  No one gets ejected.

So then player x can finish out his game against AI and w, y, and z can finish their game.  Player x then gets both games recorded in his stats.  Players w, y, and z only get the game they are in recorded to their stats.  An example is the game I played last night, March 26, in which Blitz left our game and we left his, but it all happened automatically.

I'm thinking this has replaced the annoying desync notification we had in earlier Betas, but it means that probably a good 20% of my games someone is desyncing.  That's not good. 

If not, can someone shed some light on what this is?

+118 Karma | 5 Replies
March 26, 2009 4:51:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

America?

March 26, 2009 5:14:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

America?

March 31, 2009 10:24:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had this again last night.  Game 2 on the list.  Game freezes for two seconds - we see zzSleeper has disconnected, but he's actually just playing in an instance against AI where all other players have disconnected.  I didn't confirm but this probably shows as a DC on his stats. 

Hopefully this doesn't make it to release. 

Thanks

April 6, 2009 10:41:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

/bump

This problem is much worse in Beta 3F.  I have not successfully completed a team game in 3F because someone is always getting dumped.  If you can't fix this by release please turn off the DC tracking in player stats, because none of the disconnects listed that I've seen are actually disconnects and the players shouldn't be penalized. 

April 6, 2009 3:57:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can confirm, Kestrel has disconnected in every game that I have played with him, in Beta 3F.  The game pauses for a moment, then it simply says something along the lines of "the AI has taken over for Ke5trel". 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.