The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Bug - or just bad and wrong] Flag cap XP not split

By on March 18, 2009 6:26:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If a player solo captures a flag he gets 100 xp.

If a group of 2-5 Demigods captures a flag everyone gets 100 xp.

Imagine a scenario where Player A captures a flag alone and then loses it to a crowd of three players and then captures it again etc. Now Player A gets for example 800 xp from flag captures and so does the other team, Player A's team allies however get 0 Xp from flag captures. That means staying together is artifically rewarded while spreading out is punished. The XP must be split, capturing a Flag needs to be as good as single guy as as Team or it totally messes up the game dynamics - Nobody will solo cap a flag in early game anymore as this is lost xp. I think this is one of the main reasons why keeping together as group of 3 Demigods is so efficient in 3vs3 - always wondered why they aren't behind in levels vs spread out teams.

If that is for some reason intended (what I doubt to be honest) why is the XP for Reinforcements split?

+9 Karma | 7 Replies
March 18, 2009 7:16:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

/signed

March 18, 2009 8:51:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Like I said in IRC, I don't think it should be an even split.

The 3 people getting 100 xp is bad, but 3 people getting 33.3 xp I don't really like either.
I don't think it'd be so awful for the 3 people to get 66 xp.  For 2 people capping, 75.  Something like that.
Like 100-75-66-50-33 per person when it's 1-2-3-4-5 people. :/

But even split is still better than all getting 100 like it does now.

/half-signed.

March 18, 2009 9:39:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you get xp for capping a flag not gold.

March 18, 2009 10:44:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

/signed for splitting XP

Very good way to encourage splitting up and not sticking together all the time.

March 18, 2009 11:20:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I meant xp.  It was a fruedian slip.  No idea how the heck I did it 3 times.

March 19, 2009 12:46:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

/signed

Good catch, TBO

March 23, 2009 7:19:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

signed

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.