The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

A Monday at Stardock

By on March 16, 2009 12:53:33 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums
IMG_0386

Lunch time at Stardock..

IMG_0389
Demigod QA fire team (or where they sit anyway)

IMG_0390

Cari (CariElf’s) workstation working on Impulse Reactor’s NAT code for Demigod

IMG_0391 IMG_0392 IMG_0393
Elemental being worked on

IMG_0394

Next free update to Galactic Civilizations being worked on.

+912 Karma | 59 Replies
March 17, 2009 7:26:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ShadowMastiff2468,
Hum...you guys looking for more staff !?!

Considering they are acquiring more studio space... I would guess they are now, or will be fairly soon.

I just hope they have some openings when I finish college in a bit over 5 years... Otherwise I might have to go to somewhere like EA where they beat their programmers with bullwhips.

March 17, 2009 7:59:29 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'd love to work in a games company but I'm not sure about America's ideas on work/life balance  

I've been developing for over 10 years now and I only got more than 1 screen 2 years ago.  But I guess up until then I was mostly working on embedded stuff.  When I saw my desk with 3 screens I thought I had arrived  

March 17, 2009 8:42:54 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Looks like a great place to work! Nice building, cubicles. The monitor-tasticness of it is awesome.

March 17, 2009 9:37:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

work/life balance

That's easy. 84 hours at work, 84 hours at home per week.  See? Perfect balance!

March 17, 2009 10:14:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RaveBomb,

work/life balance
That's easy. 84 hours at work, 84 hours at home per week.  See? Perfect balance!

And if you waste some of your home time sleeping, that's your own fault.  It just needs you need to balance your personal life better

March 17, 2009 10:22:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Insanetitan,

Quoting RaveBomb,
reply 4

work/life balance

And if you waste some of your home time sleeping, that's your own fault.  It just needs you need to balance your personal life better

No sleeping at work?

Multi monitor. Asked for that 10 years ago, got it 2 years ago. Now i have to convince my wife I need a multi setup for games

March 17, 2009 11:33:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol, Cari, what is a 7800 GTX doing sitting on top of that beige desktop at the bottom right?

We were going to test to see if we could reproduce the problem with some video cards where the framerate is extremely low, but we never ended up trying it here.  NVidia was going to try to reproduce it though.

Oh, and I have Cari's cell number. What will the Fan Club offer me for it?

I know where you live!

March 17, 2009 11:46:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We see Cari is hard at work in that picture

March 17, 2009 12:28:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I keep meaning to stop by and say hello. I know, you must get odd fanboys showing up all the time. I must drive by your place about 12 times a week since I live in Plymouth. I might have to bring youguys bagles some moring as a thank you for great work and for staying in MI. JD

March 17, 2009 4:51:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We see Cari is hard at work in that picture

I was told to move because my head was blocking the view of my monitors.

I might have to bring youguys bagles some moring as a thank you for great work and for staying in MI

We love bagels.

March 17, 2009 10:57:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

...still no pictures of the restrooms...

March 17, 2009 11:36:33 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Is that an entire dry-erase wall?

March 18, 2009 8:10:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You should all see my workplace for monitors. Just from over from where I'm sitting is a desk that has 13 monitors on it, and another one with 15! I only get one   It is a woping 30" Apple Cinema HD Display though  

March 18, 2009 8:26:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just love the quick interior view of the place. Never seen another company do that before. It,s like we are cpart of the family.

Thanks a bunch

March 18, 2009 8:31:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting CariElf,

I was told to move because my head was blocking the view of my monitors. 

If you were to estimate without the use of a tape measure or ruler how big would you say the circumference of your head is?

March 18, 2009 11:54:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

}--------------------------------{

That big.

(not to scale)

March 18, 2009 12:18:38 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

(not to scale)

Glad you included that part

March 18, 2009 12:50:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Kitarious,
Yes. 

Next year we should get one that converts the data to digital. 

March 18, 2009 1:53:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

...still no pictures of the restrooms...

Do you really want to see the restrooms where the majority of the employees are single males under the age of 30?

The womens' are nice though.

March 18, 2009 11:12:29 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

According to my mother, the secret behind the womens bathroom is that young women are so messy they have to be cleaned more often.

She's sorta like an anti-feminist.

March 19, 2009 10:03:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think our new support guy, Dash, has the fewest monitors in the company, but he's only been here a week or two now.  Soon he'll have monitor sprawl too!

Dash, eh?  Welcome young padawan.  Perhaps some day your quantity of monitors may rival that of Zoomba's, but until that day, may patience guide you.

I only have two boxes and two monitors at the moment...        But now I also have my laptop coming in with me and I may have another test box and monitor by the end of the day, so I'll be up to four screens to play with

March 19, 2009 11:22:08 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have three PCs and four monitors.  The PCs on the left and right each have one monitor but both dual boot (XP/win7 and Vista 64/32). The center PC has dual monitors.

All are conected to the one keyboard/mouse though the glory of Multiplicity Pro.  Yay Multiplicity!

March 19, 2009 11:28:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I shudder to think of Stardock's energy bill

March 19, 2009 11:34:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So who are the dudes in the pictures?  And what can we thank them for in our games?

March 20, 2009 2:37:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yep, that is a wall of white board.  That is the biggest one we have in the office, but there are others around here like that.  It's actually a wallpaper called "Wall Talkers".  It's awesome- if it starts getting crappy, you can just remove it and put new stuff up.....and it's big enough to draw an outline of your entire body on.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.