The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Bug] negative favor points

By on March 6, 2009 8:09:09 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Not sure how, but after 2 games on the new patch, I ended up with -550 favor points   after that I've been working back toward 0, at -55 now.

0 Karma | 20 Replies
March 6, 2009 8:35:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Methinks it would have something to do with the fact that we are actually spending favour points to use favour items now, instead of merely unlocking them with a certain amount of favour. Perhaps you bought too many different favour items?  Or maybe you bought a handfull, and were subsequently hit by an Achievement-resetting bug, thus losing the related achievment/favour points and thus sending you into the red?

March 6, 2009 8:37:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That's possible. I've only bought the 800pt cloak (top left) and I had 1000+ pts, the math came out right when I made the transaction. Then I played a couple more games and ended up with the negative score despite winning both games. Weirdness hehe.

March 7, 2009 6:43:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I also suddenly have negitive favor points.  I've only ever bought one item and have used the same thing each game. 

EDIT: Seems all my achevements were reset somewhere, could explain the situation.

March 11, 2009 10:29:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I lost all my favor points when I tried QoThorns for the first time tonight.  I'd already unlocked the heal aura cape and equipped her with that and had ~1000 points going into the game.

Next game I play Unclean Beast and open up the favor item panel.  Everything I'd unlocked is re-locked except the healing cape and now I have -875 favor.

Sweet.

April 18, 2009 9:26:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm in the same boat here.  I had favor points earned in single player.  The first time I tried multiplayer, when I stepped out, my favor points were gone, and I was a sad panda.  I'm curious if the transition from single player to learn the ropes, to multiplayer to get my butt kicked, is what nuked my favor.

April 18, 2009 11:24:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I also have negative favor points suddenly. It's very frustrating because I keep winning matches, but my favor points are just getting deeper and deeper in the hole.. What is going on here???

April 19, 2009 1:29:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just logged on to find myself dropped to -940 pts whereas previously I had 1000+ pts.

Very frustrating. I hope it's only temporary.

April 19, 2009 1:57:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Me too...just checked.

I have won 3 matches in a row (my only 3 matches mind you) and only bought the speed bracelet thing..I should definitely have a decent amount of favor but I now have -270

April 19, 2009 3:26:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Could DEVs tell us how Favor Points are supposed to work?

-When an artifact is unlocked, are we supposed to repurchase it every time?

-Or should we be able to use unlocked ones at no cost?

Thanks

April 19, 2009 4:39:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I lost all my favour points after playing a single Pantheon game. Good news is that I'm stuck with the item I would most likely pick as favour item

April 20, 2009 4:34:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have negative point too after my last pantheon game and also my stats on the website are not updating.

April 20, 2009 5:03:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting blend,
Could DEVs tell us how Favor Points are supposed to work?

-When an artifact is unlocked, are we supposed to repurchase it every time?

-Or should we be able to use unlocked ones at no cost?

Thanks

It's a bug.

We're in Epoch 0 right now.  After you purchase a favor item you can then choose to use it in other battles it's suppose to cost nothing.  Only new unlocked items are suppose to cost favor.

Once an Epoch ends and we go to Epoch 1, all favor items for everyone are suppose to reset.

At least this is my understanding how it's suppose to work.

Getting negative at any point in time is a BUG.

April 20, 2009 5:11:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As a note, I've been able to dig myself out of the hole by playing LAN games over Hamachi.  I'm sure favor point gain from LAN games will be broken when custom game favor is (to prevent gaming the system, they've announced intent to do that), but in the meantime, if you're in the hole and want out, playing over a Hamachi VPN will do the job.

April 20, 2009 8:36:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I got pwned by the favor points bug, too. I was at like -500 but I've crawled back up to -100. Too bad I lost my Speed Amulet and now only have 1 item available.

April 21, 2009 3:25:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting bubbl3,
I have negative point too after my last pantheon game and also my stats on the website are not updating.

ok the first time this happened to me and i went to -400 or so, i could still use the items i had purchased... this time, i got jack

April 21, 2009 4:36:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. 

My bug occurred after restarting the pantheon and skirmish searches after long intervals without finding a game.  I went from + to - favor points without playing (or purchasing or selecting a previously purchased favor items).

April 21, 2009 4:55:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had once droped from near 2000 favor points to zero after online game. And after I tried today a online skirmish game (thougt it just happen after pantheon), I have more than 400 points negative. I purchased a Item while the fight. Now are all my achivements gone too.

I also have the problem that my nick name isnt the same as my community name, I changed after preordering, so I dont have any game played in my profile site.

April 21, 2009 6:05:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

My favor points seem to move up and down around 0.  Sometimes I have 50, sometimes -50, usually in between.  I only play pantheon games.  Winning and losing don't seem to have much bearing on how many points I have.  The only thing I bought was something I could afford the first game...I've never had enough since to buy something else.  I've never lost access to my one item, though.

April 22, 2009 12:48:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hmm, well I see it is a bug. I had played only single player and a game or two over Hamachi. Then I went online and immediately noticed I had no favor at all, starting at square 1. I played online and offline and it seemed to be working for both. I got my way up to buying the favor item I wanted playing offline and Hamachi lan. But tonight I get back into pantheon after not having tried it in awhile and I notice I only have one of two favor items I bought (the last one) and -1K+ favor.

April 22, 2009 8:54:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well it get worse, I thougt its just pantheon and skirmish, but now I just lost my points after a custom game, which i won, its hard to fight against other who use their favor items.

do anybody know if its a general problem or are we just a smal group? Do you have the same Username here in the forum and in your online game? I preordered DG with my old Username Floriancb, then i changed it. In mid beta had I my new one, but at the end it changed to the old one.

Do anybody else have both problems at once?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001157   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.