The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[bug] lazy AI

By on March 5, 2009 10:37:02 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

running a few bot matches on 3B i have noticed both enemy and ally bots getting low on health and then just running back to a tower and standing there doing nothing, this was on normal AI setting. so i was walking round with rook just basicly sniping the nearly dead bots ended up with nearly 40 kills on a prison map in about 10 minutes, unsure if this happens on other AI settings will test it now

0 Karma | 3 Replies
March 6, 2009 10:28:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I noticed that too.

While the AI in general seemed to be beefed up a bit, there was this odd behavior.

They acted as if they expected the tower to heal them.

Now, I could understand if they were supposed to be using the damage of the towers as a defence, but when they are that low on health, it's worth the risk to run in and finish them off. (or if you are ranged, you don't even have to run in)

IMO, they should use the towers to their advantage, but if their health is too low, they need to teleport/run back to their base to heal if they don't have an item to heal.

March 9, 2009 10:01:52 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

after the little mini update to 0.92.025 the ai still acts in this strange way, i was playing a 5v5 map and the demigods didnt cluster round towers anymore, but around forts i was regularly running to the middle fort on zikurat(sp?) and seeing 2-3 ai demigods there and aoeing them down with TB, anyone know if any fix is in the works? thanks 

March 9, 2009 12:40:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've noticed this too. Sometimes when I join a game with like 7 AI (+ me) they will just stand at base near crystal and never move.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.