The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[feature] Citadel retalliation damage

By on March 5, 2009 3:30:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In a recent Pantheon game I wound up fighting a zero opponent fight against just the static defences + reinforcements. (reported elsewhere)

I took the enemy portal and cleaned out all the towers, but I wound up taking quite a while to kill the enemy Citadel, as it appears to deal massive retalliation damage each time it's hit. My (unupgraded, save new types) reinforcements that attacked the citadel each died in 2 attacks on their part. When attacking it myself it turned out I took 500 damage on each normal attack. (not when using spells though)

Is this as intended?

+5 Karma | 2 Replies
March 5, 2009 3:36:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In game modes where destroying the citadel is not the main objective - Slaughter, Domination, and Fortress - you can still win by destroying the citadel but as an incentive to meet game objectives the enemy citadel has powerful thorns - you take damage every time you hit it. 

Of course if your objective is to kill a given number of enemy Demigods and none spawned then you have to do it the hard way...

March 5, 2009 5:37:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah, I see. Would the non damage taking from spells (and presumably other skills) be a bug then? 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.