The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

regulus has fallen

By on March 4, 2009 7:21:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Regulus as eveyone knows is a very good sniper, ranged demigod but can get torn apart when in close combat. The decrease in Regulus's range has made it so mines are like a way to kill your self. I battled a unclean beast and a torch bearer, and basicly everytime I tried to mine them, they would if torchbearer freeze ice rain, deep freeze, leaving me with like 300 health were he could easily kill me and since he had warpstone to me having one did nothing. If  I did it to uncleab beast he would just poison stun and I was basicly dead than, even if i warped out he would warp after me and kill me.Regulus has never been able to fight up close and never will be able to. SO trying to use mines is almost like a death wish. Since his main damaging spell is mines I really think this must be fixed.

+8 Karma | 17 Replies
March 4, 2009 8:08:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mines are tactical stuff, not a nuke. Snipe is a nuke.

March 4, 2009 10:25:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its easy to avoid mines and u can only have like 6 at a time so its hard to just cover the map, and alot in 1 place isn't that good unless your their. i mean if you dead or can't see the area doing damage isn't enough unless it happens more often. Snipe can do alot of damage but only really if you far away and still not as much as many other spells. If u could cover the map with mines that would make it better but u cann't alowing the effectiveness of mines to drop, and making it almost impossible to kill demigods with high health or fast regen. He just can't dish out 4000 damage fast enough without mines, but if he does use mines he'll prob die.

Mines were not only good at doing damage but at trapping you opponet, throw them in front of him when he's fleeing and he has to take the time to go around, and also very good at  getting people away from mine but now u have to get way to close allowing them to hit u by the time u throw them.

March 5, 2009 8:59:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have no exp with mines, but maybe they should not only do damage but also apply a short Stun. Maybe that makes them a bit more usefull.

March 5, 2009 9:11:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

imo mines are deadly until a lvl after that they arent so useful because players have huge health at late game

March 5, 2009 9:48:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is always the heavy slowdown effect. And in mid game, instakilling a TB marching into 6 mines just is... awesome.

One skill that would need more love is mark of the betrayer. Its short range makes it a dangerous tool to use. (in the warpstone fest game, though)

March 5, 2009 10:13:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Regulus in previous builds was choice # 1 or 2, right now he's 3 or 4 with Rook.  That said, if my team has a TB and a UB already he makes a great 3rd.  You just have to wait to throw mines until the enemy is stunned and can't avoid them.  And you never go anywhere without support. 

March 5, 2009 11:53:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Love mark of betrayal. They made it really nice skill since beta 2

March 5, 2009 4:48:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but when its 1v1 its becomes extremely hard to win with him. Also usually u can't insta kill torchbearer because they usually get health items and they get a decent amount like 4000. While 6 mines can only do 2700 and thats if its maxed out. Regulus isn't much of a dmage guy, mines was his do damage move, without it snipe is practicly useless because in short rang it does like no damage and at longest it still only does 1100 and most dg's can easily heal from that.

March 5, 2009 7:33:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I haven't played with Regulus myself, but the way you're talking just makes it sound like he's an early game guy just like TB is a late game one.

March 5, 2009 10:44:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm trying to say that he can never do alot of dmagae. He's not a late or early game player. Also being better late game is always better because right now in the beggining u can pwn but u just can't get anywere, but in late its alot easier to destroy enemy towers.

March 6, 2009 12:28:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I believe he is very good at start mid with snipe/mines but at late game is is becoming very difficult since other players buy items and have insane hp. Only solution is to use angelic fury build and buy a lot of armor and dmg items. This is a bit weak at start but at late game he can do really good dmg at 21 yards since angelic fury adds a lot of dmg

angelic fury+scope+maim= superb

tb is little problem since u can hide his weak hp/armor with items and do huge dmgs with spells even late game, if we had max stats it wouldnt be so easy to hide the weaknesses

March 6, 2009 3:14:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I guess that would work but it makes mines practicly useless and a waste of a skill. Their should be alot of builds for each demigod.

March 6, 2009 4:13:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Soccer194,
I guess that would work but it makes mines practicly useless and a waste of a skill. Their should be alot of builds for each demigod.

AGREED

If there was only one build per Demigod I woulda left already.

March 6, 2009 4:57:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So guys what do u think should be done to make mines better, I was good with long range but what else could make them better.

March 7, 2009 2:50:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if they lower a bit lvl cap, make expirience needed to lvl a bit more and add different max stats for each demigod this will increase build number and also make its demigod unique, not like now that most skills in late game sucj because they nonstop buy items for health.

Also what about changing to have only 1 armor type, i mean not be able to have 2 boots or 2 armors at same time, this would help a bit stats too

March 7, 2009 12:27:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Anubis,

Also what about changing to have only 1 armor type, i mean not be able to have 2 boots or 2 armors at same time, this would help a bit stats too

I didn't know you could do that, and that is very much a problem if it is possible.

March 7, 2009 3:49:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes having only 1 type of armor at a time would probobly make it alot better.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.