The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Advanced AI

By on March 4, 2009 12:25:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I just reread the advert/preorder site for Demigod and couldn't help but laugh when I saw that 'Advanced AI' is listed in the features list. Now anyone who's played knows how far from that we currently are. I'm wondering if anyone (devs?) knows what the status is on AI currently and where it is planning to be on release?

This is especially important considering that the Pantheon games will fill blank player slots with AI players...which currently means that the side (light/dark) that wins the tourny is the one that plays the most, not which plays best....cause I don't know if anyone could realy loose vs the AI.

0 Karma | 6 Replies
March 4, 2009 12:32:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy listed the AI as one of the known bugs in his beta 3A report.  AI will get better.

March 4, 2009 1:19:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

AI is also ususally the last thing developed.

March 4, 2009 1:28:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks guys,

Yes I'm sure the devs know the AI isn't working, and I'm sure it's being worked on. I was thinking more in terms of specifics though... I've read that the AI will be competing in the rankings list under specific names with variations of the AI code for each, so, I'm assuming there will be at least one AI for each build type on each character. In addition I'd also assume there will be varied choices of favor items for different AI characters. Anywho...I suppose I'm looking for more info on how the AI is being worked on and what we can expect from it on release....other than 'it works' or 'it doesnt'.

March 4, 2009 2:32:29 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi,

I think it, that the AI can be harder than now. But, The AI Use Speels, Items and upgrade the creeps very well.

The AI isn't bad, but it isn't perfect. I think the AI isn't a enemy for pro-gamers, but the game is a multiplayer game and so i think, the AI is

for beginners and you won't play with AI in Multiplayer.

But, i agree with you .

March 4, 2009 7:13:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I just reread the advert/preorder site for Demigod and couldn't help but laugh when I saw that 'Advanced AI' is listed in the features list.

I wouldn't take anything you read about Demigod during pre-order too literally, that is where most of my disappointment arises from. If you want to try and enjoy the game you have to ignore everything you read about it and accept it for what it is right now, not what it was supposed to be.

March 5, 2009 2:16:16 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

hehe the pre-order site is current. Not quoting what it was supposed to be, just pointing out they are still saying that advanced AI is one of the many features people can expect from Demigod and trying to pin down exactly what that means.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000062   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.