The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Extremely Laggy at times and some more issues.

By on March 3, 2009 9:04:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

At times in-game the screen freezes for more than 2 seconds which shouldn't happen with my mid-high grade computer. There are some pathing issues when you click for long distances, minions get stuck sometimes, when an enemy is teleporting you stop trying to attack them automatically( and can't command to attack them again).  Minion control is still bad( when you set them to do something it takes a while or they do not go straight to the destination).  The Rook is still able to move faster than anyone else on the field of play if given the right set of buffs. There should be a limit on how fast he can run(he has stun(boulder) and slam for goodness sakes).

Comp SPecs:

2.4 g quad core

2.5g RAM

8600GT 256 mb graphics.

Windows XP

High Def audio

0 Karma | 3 Replies
March 3, 2009 1:09:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with the lag.I get the same issues.

Especially when the round is over, when the camera tries to pan around the arena.

It stutters and jerks and freezes.

And I have a decent system too (2.5 core 2 duo, 8gb ram, 8600GT 256mb, WD Caviar Black HDD w/ 32mb cache).

However...

I have to disagree about the Rook!

Other demigods could move just as fast if they invested in the movement items too!
I think it's just that the Rook focuses on those items due to his initial slower speed.

I've played against an UB who could outrun my fully upgraded Rook.

Although, I would hate to go up against an UB that was able to purchase the All Father Ring, the Belt of Giants, the Mageslayer, and various other items. Ouch!

As the Rook, by the second half of the game I usually have those from saving and waiting then I can demolish other demigods. But without it, I'm slow and fairly week. Effective against buildings and minions, but not so much against demigods.

March 3, 2009 2:25:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's not lag and it's not your compurers' fault. Game is still a beta, not a demo, and have performace issues, even more if you have sound reverb activated.

Pathing, minions and stuff are still being worked on, and there are like a thousand threads suggesting ways for them to work properly yet to be implemented.

Once again: beta, not demo, not OpenBeta.

March 3, 2009 2:39:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Understood. It wasn't a complaint, more of a comment on (or affirmation of) an issue being experienced in the beta.

If everyone just silently attributed their issues to "Well...it is just a beta" and never mentioned them in the beta feedback, the devs would either not know of the issue, or not know the extent of the issue. (And I did read about the stuff they are working on, thanks though!)

Anywho, I mostly wanted to defend my favorite walking castle...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.