The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

a suggestion

By on March 2, 2009 5:57:32 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

When playing a game with AI at the moment, if you press the auto fill slots button it ends up making a lot of identical demigods on the same team and more then likely the same demigods on the opposing team, my suggestion here would be to make the auto fill slots use one of each demigod and then fill out the remainder with a random one.

also when traveling a long distance on some maps (e.g. the 5v5 maps), my demigod got stuck on the "walls" a lot and when playing a general a lot of mini's got stuck on the walls too, this is probably already known but thought i would say it anyway

0 Karma | 9 Replies
March 2, 2009 12:48:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's all random from what I've seen. I click the button, and I'd get a bunch of different characters.

March 2, 2009 2:52:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

aye its all random, but for example i did 4 ai matches today, and every time i did auto fill slots, it gave me 2 or 3 of the same demigod on 1 team and then duplicates on the other, it is no really big issue, but its just a little jarring to press auto fill then have to change the gods because you have multiples if you want a spread out game, the auto fill option is there presumably to save a bit of time, yet having to go back and change all of the gods makes it take as long as just selecting them yourself in the first place

March 3, 2009 12:42:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Then manually select demigods.

March 5, 2009 8:13:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

but that was the whole point of the post, if the auto fill slots option is there to save some time, why should you have to manually select the DGs.

I know its a small point and may be seen as trivial but as a time saving function it don't work properly most of the time, so could use a little work.

I'm sure it wouldn't be a major time sink to make it select a different DG in each slot over a random one, and maybe even make it take the size of the selected map into account so when playing a 2v2 or 3v3 map instead of filling for a 5v5 game, make it fill for the right amount of players.

March 5, 2009 8:18:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

a guess a nice feature would be if you could keep pressing the auto-gen button till you got a mix you were happy with

MrL

March 5, 2009 1:06:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

yeah that would work too mrlarone, as i said before its no massive bug, just a tad annoying is all, anything that could rectify this would be cool

March 5, 2009 1:18:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It would also be nice if you could set the difficulty of the auto-fill - so you could quickly populate easy AI or Nightmare AI without having to go through and manually adjust

March 5, 2009 6:16:39 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

yeah defaulting to normal ai is a bit of a bugger, maybe if instead of one long button there were 4 small buttons under an autofill heading with easy, normal, hard & nightmare buttons would be better or even radio buttons next to it to select for your team and the enemy team so u could have easy on urs and nightmare on enemy for example. there is enough space on that part of the game setup menu to have either imho.

March 5, 2009 6:17:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

gah double post on edit

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.