The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

(balance) heart of life

By on March 1, 2009 4:52:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

in game with a TB (level 13) that can kill in 3 secs, then heart of life, rinse repeat.

2v2 game in crucible.

as soon as he's bought the item he's one in effect...

maybe a balance like all abilities disabled for 10-30 secs (simulates time saved from returning to healing crystal, but still allows you to capture and not have to return)

thoughts?

+11 Karma | 4 Replies
March 1, 2009 6:14:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's a  5k item...

March 1, 2009 7:38:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

not the point exactly...

it changes a fundemental part of the game (needing to ultimately recharge at the crystal) with very little side effect. ok, so there's a one off out lay, but gold should only determine at what stage an item can come in to the game. once in play, all items should still have balanced uses.

someone shoot me if we're only thinking in terms of gold...

April 17, 2009 1:12:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Now that I have experience playing both with and against this item, I definitely feel that TB and Heart of Life is a combo that makes the game quite unfun.

Actually the HoL allows all Demigods to stay up near the front indefinitely as long as they are at least moderately careful.  Seems a bit much to me.

April 18, 2009 3:53:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The heart works roughly as intended, its there to save you from having to go back to your crystal every time.  While I guess there are probably balance issues, The running back and forth is pretty tedious and I wouldn't want to keep doing that mid game.  The requirement to avoid being hit I think makes it fairly balanced, it can't replace potions or other healing trinkets for that reason.  Maybe I guess if the delay was a little longer or the recovery rate was a little slower...

Though honestly I'm not familiar with how it functions differently on Torch Bearer compared to the other gods, so maybe I'm way off topic.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000468   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.