The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Regulus Scope on Towers

By on February 28, 2009 7:58:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Level 1 scope is enopugh to attack towers withouth being attacked. With a couple mana potions for mining creepwaves you can take down as mucho towers as you want all by yourself. I think his range must be rebalanced to get the faraway attack at least at lvl2 scope, by lvl 6 at least.

+1 Karma | 13 Replies
February 28, 2009 8:12:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Scope? Erebus? What is "Scope"?

February 28, 2009 8:16:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Assuming you mean Regulus, I'd rather the range on the towers be extended to make his range increase require at least the second rank to make him safe from them.  Lowering his range instead would leave him rather close to melee dgs, which hurts him very badly.

February 28, 2009 10:22:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Porphyrogenitus,
Assuming you mean Regulus, I'd rather the range on the towers be extended to make his range increase require at least the second rank to make him safe from them.  Lowering his range instead would leave him rather close to melee dgs, which hurts him very badly.
If you increase tower's range you'll be messing with creepwaves timing.

February 28, 2009 10:34:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

actually at level 1 scope, his range is like 2 yards more than TB who CAN get hit by towers, increase tower range by 2.5yards and voila!

also i dont think that 2.5 yarsd will mess with the Grunts

February 28, 2009 11:41:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DamienHellchaser,
actually at level 1 scope, his range is like 2 yards more than TB who CAN get hit by towers, increase tower range by 2.5yards and voila!

also i dont think that 2.5 yarsd will mess with the Grunts
They will be hit before, so they will get less hits from tower. Plus, Grunt clashes should had to be arranger further from towers and that suck.

March 2, 2009 1:18:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Should just make it so that Reg's range bonus is cut by a certain percentage when hitting towers...easiest solution (perhaps not from a coding perspective though?).

The D Game did something like this with snipe.

March 2, 2009 2:05:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

that isn't really unbalanced.   The rook just eats towers with one of his abilities, it him GAIN health while destroying a tower.   You gain a significant amount too.  That ability doesn't cost much MP and has very low cool-down time.   So you basically can spam it on a tower to bring it down very very quickly.   I don't think reg has any more power than rook in that aspect.

Reg's scope also doesn't work on archer towers or  fortresses until level 3 (arrows have longer range than beams I guess).  If you are a player and you're letting Reg sit there and ping away at your towers (which is slow at low levels) without at least going and harrassing him, you deserve to lose a tower or two.

March 2, 2009 3:11:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

that isn't really unbalanced.   The rook just eats towers with one of his abilities, it him GAIN health while destroying a tower.   You gain a significant amount too.  That ability doesn't cost much MP and has very low cool-down time.   So you basically can spam it on a tower to bring it down very very quickly.   I don't think reg has any more power than rook in that aspect.

Two light heroes that bring down towers with a snap of their fingers awesome. I'm going Light on Pantheon FOR GOOD.

PD: U sure you need lvl3 to talke down archer's?

March 2, 2009 4:56:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think instead of nerfing regulus or rook, instead a dark dg or two should gain some kind of ability that would allow him a similar capacity (maybe a torchbearer comet spell or something that has a long cast to discourage use against players but that does great in a siege situation; I expect it'd have a longer cast range than his other spells, but would need a way to warn players that it is inbound, maybe a glow on the target area or something, so they can evade it).

March 2, 2009 6:06:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What if towers get more range from Citadel upgrades? +damage +range would be balanced

March 4, 2009 8:44:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Porphyrogenitus,
I think instead of nerfing regulus or rook, instead a dark dg or two should gain some kind of ability that would allow him a similar capacity (maybe a torchbearer comet spell or something that has a long cast to discourage use against players but that does great in a siege situation; I expect it'd have a longer cast range than his other spells, but would need a way to warn players that it is inbound, maybe a glow on the target area or something, so they can evade it).

TB's Fireball has bigger range than towers and is quite spamable. Frostnova freezes towers so they can't shot back, great for troop support.

QoT has uproot, which has bigger range than towers and does good damage. Also its buffing itself with compose (is that the name?).

UB's acid spit has bigger range then towers and does nice DoT damage.

I think its quite balanced on abilitíes. The one thing Regulus has is the range on autoattack. But i dont think it a big problem.

Edit: Typos.

March 4, 2009 1:11:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Abilities have cooldowns and manacosts, plus they do not damage towers AFAIK. All I'm saying is that lvl1 sope should not be enough to take down a tower.

March 5, 2009 8:54:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They do damage towers.

The time Regulus needs to destroy a tower is time he doesnt kill DG's. From my tests with Regulus i think its a bad strategy to waste your power on towers, especially if the first tower health upgrade (only 600 gold) is in place. Thats just IMHO.

But to support you, i would suggest to increase the tower range by 2 for the first and third tower damage upgrade you can buy. That way Regulus can still be a tower destroyer, if he dedicates more than one level to it. And the opposing DG's can counter it for the first few levels, if they want.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.