The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Logging in

By on February 27, 2009 6:20:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I doubt this will be a problem in the final version but I'm just reporting it to be safe.

When you try to log in and you don't have the newest update, all it tells you is that your password is wrong or that you don't have an accuont. I was also just wondering if updates would all be done through Impulse (etc) or would it have in game updates like WC3?

0 Karma | 10 Replies
February 28, 2009 12:40:59 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be a matter of just the latest update.  I seem to be current.  If I click on history, it shows that I've got beta 3.0a installed. 

However, whenever I go to Multiplayer/Internet, I can enter my Impulse login info, and I get the message you mentioned.  I've tried clicking Create Account, but it does nothing.  I've also right clicked on Demigod in Impulse and tried "Re-Activate".  But the game simply isn't letting me in.

-Tom

EDIT: Actually, it looks like it is a matter of not being updated.  I finally got Impulse to tell me there was an update available, but only by trying a right click called "Verify Installation".  Before I did that, it seemed like Impulse had no idea I needed to update.

February 28, 2009 1:05:40 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Same issue as Tom. I had to verify installation and then it recognized that the game needed an update. However, for the actual update button to show up, I needed to click to something else and return to Demigod. Thanks Tom, been wondering for a couple hours what I was doing wrong.

February 28, 2009 7:05:42 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Unfortunately, the patch seems to have done more harm than good.  After downloading 1.7GBs and then rebooting my computer as instructed, I now can't even boot up the game.  I get this a big fat error window with this in it:

Compiled Md5:'b7b3f789d13519b48d841a3407503f17' Actual Md5 in Zip:'8c81b87002226a28604226a04d0aa690'

Program : C:\Games\Demigod\bin\Demigod.exe
Cmd line arguments :

Callstack:
    unavailable.

Last 100 lines of log...

A full record of the log is stored in the Demigodlog.txt file

info: Full Log file: C:\Games\Demigod\bin\DemigodLog
info: DEMIGOD VERSION BETA.1.00.0012
info: DISK: AddSearchPath: 'c:\games\demigod\dgdata.zip', mounted as '/'
info: DISK: AddSearchPath: 'c:\games\demigod\movies', mounted as '/movies/'
info: DISK: AddSearchPath: 'c:\games\demigod\sounds', mounted as '/sounds/'
info: DISK: AddSearchPath: 'c:\games\demigod\loc', mounted as '/loc/'

It seems that being unable to log in was the least of my problems...

-Tom

February 28, 2009 10:47:06 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am Tom's echo chamber.

I second his error.

February 28, 2009 11:44:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We're looking into it.  Frankly, I'm stumped right now. I'll get some of our team to look at it.

February 28, 2009 11:49:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In the meantime, I would go with the lame old standby of "Try uninstalling it from Impulse and reinstalling it".

My lay person guess is that the beta CD isn't matched up with what we have on our end. But that's just a guess.

February 28, 2009 1:19:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Sorry, no dice. Same error code as before.

February 28, 2009 3:20:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Argh. It's looking like it needs the November DirectX.  Beta 3A is the build taht switched to that and I'm not sure if we're including that.

February 28, 2009 7:03:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm having this problem as well.  But I've been having it since I preordered several months ago.  I played 1 game I think before the patch and then after that patch, I've been unable to play.

When I try and login, it fails INSTANTLY.  Seems like it doesn't even try to verify my info but of course I can't say.  I've changed the password to see if maybe that would help but it does the same.  I'm hoping they fix it soon!

February 28, 2009 10:13:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Just to update, it was indeed an issue with the beta update not "taking" with the version I had.  An uninstall and reinstall gets everything working just fine!

-Tom

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000390   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.