The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Balance] Unclean Beast + Mage Slayer + Inner Beast = OMGWTFBBQ!

By on February 24, 2009 6:22:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, I've been playing with this for the last few games and I'm smelling ultimate pain cooking which I am not certain should be legal

The recipe is this. UB + Stuff that gives attack speed  (Inner Beast basically) + the Mage Slayer sword which is the cheapest artifact one can buy, and it becomes a very very nasty killing machine. Add to it the Wyrmskin Armbands for the extra damage and slowdown and the pain is immense.

I am talking to the tune of felling a tank god within 10 seconds immense

Basically what happens is this, by the time you get the mage slayer, you have around level 3 on inner beast and extra attributes. This means that your attack is boosted by 41% all the time. That is a bit by itself, but the nastiest part is when you add the mage slayer's stunning which will happen fairly often with all these attacks you'll be dishing out and your opponent will not get a move. This becomes even nastier when combined with the Wyrmskin armbands which because of your flurry of attacks will do their special 100 damage very very often and they won't be able to escape either.

Usually by the time I get the Mage Slayer, I've put everything in offense and by then I am simply zipping around and slaying DGs before they can even mount a defense.

Check it out and let me know if it is indeed a bit broken or if it's just me.

+7 Karma | 14 Replies
February 24, 2009 8:52:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mageslayer isnt the cheapest one, cheapest one is 8k,

Also, if you got enough gold to buy mageslayer you have won already anyway.

P.S. It does sound evil though

February 24, 2009 10:04:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mageslayer is 8k as well.

February 25, 2009 1:26:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sevenix,
Mageslayer isnt the cheapest one, cheapest one is 8k,

Also, if you got enough gold to buy mageslayer you have won already anyway.

P.S. It does sound evil though

I don't think so. Gathering 8k is not so hugelly difficult and I usually manage it by the mid game since I'm not buying any other items (except perhaps wyrmskin handguards) and focus on killing creeps.

February 25, 2009 3:26:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i beluieve beast need a little tune up, with all his stacked movement speed + atck speed, and his stun, he can get a bit too powerfull is perfectyl build

February 25, 2009 5:41:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lets not forget the artifact shop is controlled by a tactical flag. So if you get owned (feed them gold) + don't own the artifact shop it's your own fault and deserve to lose.

February 25, 2009 11:56:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TerroR878,
Lets not forget the artifact shop is controlled by a tactical flag. So if you get owned (feed them gold) + don't own the artifact shop it's your own fault and deserve to lose.

You don't have to control the Artifact Shop for anything more than a few seconds to buy the Mage Slayer. Unless your counter is to never let the other side control that flag for the whole game, I don't see how that changes much in the combo.

February 25, 2009 12:12:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TerroR878,

agree

February 25, 2009 5:55:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TerroR878,

Like one above also said you only need it for a few seconds and I think the default cap time is waaay too fast unless I haven't been using the default setting.

February 25, 2009 6:44:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If I am aware of the combo you are aiming for, I can adjust my tactics to counter it.  For example: slowing you down and increasing my armor, etc.

February 26, 2009 1:25:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Look, there's no point in simply discussing this here. Play it against humans and see how well it works or not for yourselves. That's what betas are for

February 26, 2009 2:04:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm up to like 8k+ crits against tower with the beast now, it's mainly 3 items + enrage thing on beast. So the gold cost insn't that bad. Full build would give 9k crits vs towers and for some sick reason I was doing like 1k aoe non crits due to something at the same as I was hitting 2-3k normals on demigods. Do note I hit like 3 times per second, this was without the 2 most expensive items as well since the game ended too fast after I started ripping towers in 3 seconds.

February 26, 2009 7:14:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That sure is a deadly combination, maybe reduce the chance to stun, or set the price to 18k. A typical caster agains this build can only cast something if he gets lucky, really lucky. And you dont even have to use UB, any other Demigod works as long as you get some Attack Speed too.

February 26, 2009 7:23:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Rumors,
That sure is a deadly combination, maybe reduce the chance to stun, or set the price to 18k. A typical caster agains this build can only cast something if he gets lucky, really lucky. And you dont even have to use UB, any other Demigod works as long as you get some Attack Speed too.

That is true, however the UB get the added benefit of a passive skill that increases attack speed and normal speed, the later of which is very useful for quickly reaching those squishy mages

Still, I mostly played this with bots (Pantheon) so it would be really useful to have some actual playtesting with humans to see if it's broken before nerfing.

February 26, 2009 12:42:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As UB I would rather have a godplate than the Mageslayer... and they are similar in cost, so go figure.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000437   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.