The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

general issues with the game

By on February 7, 2009 7:03:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

hi there first post here, i have been testing the game for a while now scince beta 2a i belive, and i have a few suggestions that i belive would make playing a few demigod's more fun in my opinion. (also i cant connect to multiplayer for some reason so this is all based on comp stomps)

firstly i prefer playing as a general, i like the fact that you can get different minion types and have to upgrade these to get the best minions available, but in my opinion a general should receive a set of minions at the start of the game, as standard, but have them weaker then the first level totem that you buy in the shop, that way you can start off and instead of painstakingly saving up for your bishop totem you could buy a couple of mana / health items instead, it would also make the general archtype feel more like a general at the start instead of a weak assassin (apart from oak of course) while trying to save up for the minions. also while on the topic of minions, would it be so bad to be able to summon all 4 at once, i hate sitting in the base next to the regen stone for 40 seconds just to summon my army.

along with those change i belive that oak and the vampire guy (forgot the name sorry) are both very strong characters on their own so maybe should be limited to less minions then QoT and sedna and also oaks spirits should have a lower limit to them, because i have seen a hard AI oak with around 30 spirits floating around him and along with the demigod itself hitting like a truck, and all of his minions shooting and chopping away, this adds up to a serious gankfest when he comes along, which makes playing a pain in the rear if you have to constantly be on the lookout for one specific god coming out of the fog to turn tail and run.

personally i dont see what all the other posters on these boards see as the rook being overpowered by the way, yet if his speed was reduced by 15% - 25% it wouldnt hurt the rook too much but would make him slightly more palatable to everyone else.

well those are the specific changes that i could see helping the game somewhat, and apart from the minor balancing problems as they are now, i belive this game is shaping up to be a true gem and would like to thank Stardock and GPG for having the vision to pull it off

0 Karma | 5 Replies
February 7, 2009 9:55:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

For soem reason i havn't been able to join a game yet since the latest update. Oak can only have 16 minis also the reason u dodn't think Rook's are rigged because u havn't played a human one. Also quick question can u easily beat a nightmare. If u can't thats your reason. Rook can go in with like 7k health, slaughter and when he's at like 2-3k he can tele out. Thats the prob with only making him slower he can still tele out. If Rook couldn't tele than making him just slower would be fine but he can. Doing 7k damage is very hard to do before Rook kills u, run away from u, or tele out. Yes it would be bad to summon all at once, they dodn't want u just going to crystal and getting your army back or in the middle of a battle u getting all your minions all of a sudden. i agree with weak starting totems. Btw it Erebus the vampire guy. Just saying u shouldn't really talk about him because my guess is their already in the process of fixing him, so they would like to no how to fix everything else in the beta at the moment.

February 8, 2009 2:14:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

hi thanks for the reply, yeah i play against a mix of nightmare and hard, and never loose, last night i did a match against a load of rooks just for testing purposes, and i now agree that they are a tad strong, as i was playing as oak, if 1 of them bouldered me and then slammed me i would be left on about 10% health and would likely die from towers/mobs or whatever, so yeah im beginning to understand the other posters complaints. 

i didnt mean all of the minions, but the 4 from each type in one summon, but with maybe a bigger mana cost, so instead of casting 2 of each and having to wait 35 seconds for the CD for each stack, maybe put a global summoning CD on all minions for 10 seconds and let us cast 4 at a time, that way it will still take roughly the same amount of time to summon a full army, but would be slightly less annoying. sorry for not making myself clearer.

the oaks cloud of spirits is still a concern for me, as with QoT or Sedna can only have 8? extra minions at max level and they may be stronger then the oaks, but those spirits are fast and flying so are hard to kill, and as i said combined with the rest of the army, he does all together too much dmg when leveled.

yes i know the vampire guy (erebus) is probably getting a major revamp, but i was just commenting on what i thought about him when i last played it (2b was it?)

i dont know if stopping the rook from teleporting would be fair on everyone who enjoys playing him, but seeing as he is a castle, maybe making his casting time for all his spells a lot longer would be more in character, i dont know just throwing around some suggestions here.

February 9, 2009 3:22:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I didnt say u he shouldn't be able to tele out just slowing him is supposed to make it hard for him to go in and out of battle but it doesn't because he can tele out. Maybe if it took him twice as long as eveyone else to tele out it would be better.

I guess that would be okay 4 at a time your way, didnt understand thats what u meant.

Its okay to say some thing about Erebus but its been a long tim since we've played him and with things changed we won't have a good view of him now.

I dodnt think Oak's minis are that bad, since their easy to kill area effect moves work great on them. Sedna's and QoT's are stonger but thats just my oppion.

February 9, 2009 5:15:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You haven't seen the full wrath of Oak's minions beleive me they can take out all your towers with minimial effort

February 12, 2009 3:29:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well I have found it sometimes easy to take out Oak and therefore kill his minis sometimes. Also once his minis get killed by something usually me or towers than he gets weaker giving me the ability to pound on him.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.