The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Request] Demigod Character Summary

By on January 29, 2009 6:44:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Summarise all Demigod characters for me please.

I have found a site that describes 'assassins' but i want summaries on both Assassin and Generals, based on personal experience.

Use this list order to categorise your summary:

- Pros and cons

- How they are used (you wouldnt  use a healer character like you would a fighter character)

- Abilites/skills (and possibly what situation they're most effective)

- Other

- Rating out of 10

+32 Karma | 13 Replies
January 30, 2009 11:51:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'll do one for you -

Sedna - Inuit Sea Goddess who rides a Snow Leopard (Sila - also an Inuit God) and carries a harpoon 

Pros - flexible, good at tanking or supporting a tank, works well on a team. 

Cons - depends on minions for range, fairly useless and vulnerable without a constant supply of mana, pounce interrupt is bugged, melee attack is fairly weak compared to other DGs

Uses - can be played as a straight damage/heal Paladin type tank or a full support healer.  Minions are very good at pushing a lane or destroying fortifications, and can chase down a retreating Demigod with no risk to Sedna. 

Abilities include passive area hp regeneration, an instant heal, silence, and quick "Pounce" which takes a large chunk of hp from the target, as well as passive buff to speed and regen and summoning minion Yetis. 

I would give Sedna an 8/10.  I like her versatility and her ability to stay in the fight.  She has a unique style/flavor, which is important, and when her abilities are balanced I could see her being a vital component in any competitive team. 

January 30, 2009 8:22:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thank you very much for replying. its given me a good insight to wat sedna is like.

i hope others will reply to this they way you did.

February 1, 2009 1:55:11 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

well sedna can be very weak earliy game,  and tanking, its depend, sedna hp is very low, but heal ftw

February 1, 2009 11:57:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Definitely, early game her HP sucks - but mid game and late game her healing capabilities are insane. As long as she carries a teleport scroll she is a very tough cookie to crack imo.  Her Yeti minions are also pretty good too.

As for the other Demigods, I really like QoT as well. Her AOE damage is nice, her minions are pretty good and overall she is a very strong Demigod. Oak, hmmm, I have never been able to really play him well for some reason. Anybody got any good Oak strategies they'd like to share?

As for Assassins, Rook is OP. I haven't played the Unclean Beast yet and Regulus I have a hard time playing with too. I really wish the other two were still playable right now, I really want to play them pretty darn badly hehe. 

February 2, 2009 12:16:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Since I have time -

Oak - Animated Suit of Armor - General with good support abilities and buffs.  Late-game Oak is an excellent counter to the squishier Assassins and minion-dependant generals.  Can spec either as defensive support or balanced warrior type. 

Pros - exceptional DPS for a general, which increases as he gains minions.  High speed and flying minions allows Oak to chase down a fleeing opponent for the kill.  Not as mana-dependent as some other Demigods, as alot of his most useful abilities are passive.  Flexible builds.

Cons - depends on minions for range, minions have poor pathing and priority allocation and are extremely vulnerable to towers.  Meager AoE.  This + frail minions makes Oak slightly less effective at pushing lanes than other Generals.  Underpowered against a heavily armored opponent, as Oak's damage is almost entirely melee. 

Uses - Can be played as a balanced warrior, and with a few priests and several minions can hold his own against most other builds.  As a support player Shield ability, if timed correctly, will negate enemy nuke combos, which gives Oak alot of staying power against coordinated teams.  This plus a passive which gives Oak and his allies health every time he kills an opponent means that a good Oak can stay on the frontlines at full health where any other DG would have to retreat for either mana or health, and keep his army and allies fighting too. 

Abilities include a debuff on enemies which increases their damage taken and slows, a banner which attracts the spirits of fallen grunts in the area as minions, a short resurrection as an invincible warrior at higher damage and speed after Oak is killed, health for allies and Oak within an area when Oak kills something, and a passive which increases Oak's damage based on his number of minions. 

I would give Oak a 6/10, taking a couple of points off almost entirely because his tactical choices are relatively scant.  He has alot of staying power, but his current optimal build is to generate alot of minions only as a way of buffing his own melee damage.  This is one better than Queen of Thorns, who works best with no minions at all, but it doesn't provide the flexibility that Sedna has.  His active abilities, with the notable exception of Shield, are also quite weak compared to his passives, which means that Oak will rarely run out of mana but also has no exceptional armor-bypassing spike damage. 

February 5, 2009 7:53:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

could someone write about the torch bearer if they got the time. He attracts most of my interest

February 5, 2009 8:29:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Kestrel nice write ups Post them on GR

February 5, 2009 9:23:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
could someone write about the torch bearer if they got the time. He attracts most of my interest
Please... 

February 5, 2009 9:39:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,

Gonna have to let someone else write that one, as I only really played against TB, never as him.. 

I would post these on GR, Dalzk, but I don't have access --> PC is filtered.  You may feel free to copy and paste if you'd like

February 5, 2009 4:37:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

well for the TB, he was removed for a good reason

this is the mage just before he was removed

so this may completly change when hes back!

2 possible viable build

full fire, or full ice

ice :

bad idea for 1v1, its take time before frost mage can do real damage, since we had no direct damage ability, and blizzard that took a ton of mp. Later in game, higher level, and with no mana limiation, you could nearly keep in place some1 for 15 sec. We could rotate deep freeze and frost nova nicely, and even better with CD reduction item, also the permafrost aura was effective. In group, this was devastating freezign people in place while to be able to use frost nova as an interupt/stun was a winner, no escape while your team kill them, boostign up atack speed /damage was the main way to do damage

fire:

amazign damage, maxxing out fireball was destructive, only 1050 damage, but ist was about 5 sec recast time with a nice casting range and firenova was instant 800 aoe damage, nice burst damage combined with fireball and also amazign for leveling, fire aura, amazign for you and your team, more atackspeed, and run speed

with a full fire spec, and using lot on run speed item stacked with the fire aura... you could catch any1 with fireball and evade rook boulder with less effort, or catching off near death people in no time and trow fireball at maximum range

ring of fire was ok, but last thing to learn, early its very weak, and its damage over 8 sec in an area, easy to avoid, and the first level cant kill mobs so, no ring of fire until all else is taken, and fire nova was doing 1 shot on every mobs, and also decent dmg to players

with a team of 2 mage ( 1 ice, 1 fire)

ring of fire was way better since your frost mage teamate slow /stun them so much

this 2 mage duo was completly overpowered, fire mage destroying people in no time, while they get slowed to death / stunned

and also, the fire aura give extra damage to the frost mage with his atack speed

February 5, 2009 6:11:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks omg when beta3 comes? i cant w8 to see him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 5, 2009 7:56:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thanks! He sounds like the perfect character for me

not coz hes overpowered and all .... lol

im a big fan of characters that conjure magic. more visually appealing to me.

Now for unclean beast plzz (im thinking he'd my melee class for me)

February 6, 2009 3:55:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can try for ub since its the only i play  until torch bearer come

very good demigod he isnt very good at start but when it moves to higher lvls it starts to shine with very fast attack speed stun and slows. I believe word assasin fits his role. He is a very deadly demigod at late game especially for low hp demigods they can die to him in seconds

pros : high dps and attack speed and speed when you take the passive skill that gives 15% attack speed and speed he becomes really fast and deadly but when u combine bestial wrath that gives 65% more dmg  he can do insane dmg in secs, demigods cant escape easily because he can have slow to its normal hit he can stun and he runs very fast so its very difficult to escape, Also attack speed items make him even more powerful. Also at late game u can take the last skill in the tree that increases attack speed, that skill gives u 40% less dmg taken when u had been hit by a high dmg more than 400(dont remember dmg)so it helps after someone fireballs u ir snipes u. Also for aoe he has a skill at lvl 5 that when he kill something it explodes and does big aoe dmg this helps him a lot against many creeps and xp. Also wings of seraphym helps him survive at start very useful item

cons : He doesnt have skills that do big dmg in 1 hit like snipe or fireball so he must rely on his melee attacks that are reduced by armor, his venom does dot dmg so the enemy has enough time to dring a potion or go to crystal if he is close to death. He isnt very good at start of game and he cant  win easily many fights since demigods can run back to towers if they are close to death and u arent fast enough because at start since u have only 6 base speed as all demigods have. So if he is ranged he can easily escape

Abilities: venom split does 1300 dot dmg and 150 when u throw it the lvl 15 of this tree makes the venom split all over the area and do aoe dot dmg.

bestial wrath that skill is very useful 65% more dmg is very good with unclean beast attack speed.

passive skill inner beast that increases 15% attack speed and speed it helps a lot and makes him shine at late game. Also last skill can be very useful 40% less dmg taken after a high dmg hit

post mortem skill isnt so good only use is that it helps to kill grunts for xp in mass, after that the plague skills arent very useful i think it does only 450/30sec but as a plague its spread in all minnions but still i think it isnt useful.

ooze aoe skills that does dmg and slows all enemies around but it also dmg unclean beast and for that i dont thik its very useful especially in 1v1

diseased claws its mostly the last skill i take it helps to catch fleeing demigods

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.