The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Suggestion] Do not use Impulse login name as Nickname in-game. Use Game profile instead.

By on January 24, 2009 1:54:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is common sense I think.

Do not use Impulse login name as Nickname in-game. Use the in-game profile for our nick name instead.

+16 Karma | 20 Replies
January 24, 2009 6:08:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree. Sometimes what we are able to register with for any given service is *not* our ideal moniker for online gaming...

January 24, 2009 8:42:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can always change you Impulse nick,

January 24, 2009 9:12:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well... what is the use of the Profile in-game then?

I know the impulse name is changeable. but Using it to play online.... I do not like and never saw this is any other online game.

I hope this is not a impulse reactor limitation.....

January 24, 2009 11:35:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zubaz,
You can always change you Impulse nick,

Only if its not already in use by someone else. As the service grows in popularity that becomes a greater possibility.

January 25, 2009 12:13:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I changed my username from mrgerry131 to Gerry and my in game name is still mrgerry131 yet I login with the username Gerry.

January 25, 2009 6:12:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yah having a game profile username attached to every game of your account would be very nice.

January 25, 2009 10:56:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its also a bit of a security issue - everybody and his dog don`t need to know what your login handle happens to be...

Your in-game moniker ought to be handled in a profile on a game-by-game basis (from Demigod, to Sins, to the magic war thingy whose name I forget (Elemental?) etc.).

January 27, 2009 10:47:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its also a bit of a security issue - everybody and his dog don`t need to know what your login handle happens to be...

Works fine for the forums...

January 27, 2009 4:39:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Works fine for the forums...

Oh yeah ?

Well right back at you, Kryo-guy!

(nonsensical reply)

(grin)

January 27, 2009 7:33:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

EDIT. Removed all traces of my negligent stupidity concerning the log-in nick (see reply #16).

January 27, 2009 10:09:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would like to know as well, I looked at all the options I can think off and could not find how to change the nick.

January 30, 2009 8:44:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To change your username: Load impulse, click top-left-blue button, click preferences, account, login....and then change username.

EDIT: As for the reason why they use your impulse name I would assume it is because of the ingame ranking system which would get screwed up if ppl were constantly creating new accounts.

January 30, 2009 8:56:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Draknahr,
To change your username: Load impulse, click top-left-blue button, click preferences, account, login....and then change username.

EDIT. Draknahr corrects the recommended path in his next reply (#14). Thanks.

January 30, 2009 11:19:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorry I shouldn't have responded as baked as I was....The correct way! - Open Impulse, Click Community, Make sure you are logged in, click my account, then login....and then you should see the change username button. Sorry for the stupidity lol.

January 31, 2009 1:54:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Related to that, you can login using your email address, in which case, it will be used instead of your Impulse nick

January 31, 2009 4:44:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks Draknahr and Littleboy. I now understand that either the Impulse account's e-mail address or the Impulse nick can be used. I was only employing the e-mail address because I did not know where to define an Impulse nick (reply #14 giving me, at last, the answer).

P.S. I feel stupid. I already had an Impulse nick : the same one I used on this forum (CyberMage). I never had the elementary curiosity of trying it to log-in instead of my full e-mail address. Sometimes, we miss the obvious. Problem solved.

April 22, 2009 3:32:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have the same problem as Gerry I changed username but it hasn't updated

June 25, 2010 1:52:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

can't login in game...wrong pass or log wtf

June 25, 2010 3:41:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How the hell do people find these threads

June 26, 2010 12:33:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well, along those lines. With Elemental I'd rather switch back to awuffleablehedgie but can't do that and keep my OMG tag! Though I'll probably just change my smurf if I'm still playing Demigod 2 months from now. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.