The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Nerf the... hummm... conection screen.

By on January 23, 2009 5:22:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I feel jealous of all these people writting comment about balance. Because I want to play the game, and can't, it seems is a network problem. The game is loading the level forever. Theres not frezze, just continues forever.  Hosting the game myself, don't seems to help.

NERF the connection screen!!! I say

0 Karma | 5 Replies
January 24, 2009 12:02:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I hear ya.  On the few occasions I've been able to actually connect to people, I feel lucky if there are enough people online to actually join the game.

Between there not being a lot of people testing this game and the connection being unreliable (and the seemingly inevitable desync) it's a miracle to play a complete multiplayer game.

January 24, 2009 2:31:59 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Welcome to my world, i have the game currently not installed due to the fact i used to waste hours per day trying to connect and it never resulted in a successful game. You just have to be patient until the next update, Stardock have been working hard on fixing the networking issue so you just need to give it some time.

January 24, 2009 6:59:32 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Wooot!.  

Seems I am not the only one, but also seems other people can play the game. So how? do you have to live near the central server so to have a particulary good ping with a central server?.  what tricks people use to be able to play?. 

January 24, 2009 8:39:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting teiman,
Wooot!.  

Seems I am not the only one, but also seems other people can play the game. So how? do you have to live near the central server...

Well i am pretty much on the other side of the world (Australia), even though i am used to generally lagging and having a high ping on most online games, i think my issues with connecting to games may also be tied in with this. Although, in some tests i performed with Cari_Elf with the command line interface, i seemed to be able to connect to all the games hosted in that manner so it looks like this situation could be greatly improved on the next update.

January 29, 2009 2:54:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I guest has something to do with NAT.   Has NAT is a ugly hack.   And I suppose, for some reason it need autorization on a central server to let me start my hosted game.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.