The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Snipe adjustment

By on January 21, 2009 6:30:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This just occured to me but what if you had to aim snipe and it got a little damage boost.  I think this would make it a lot more interesting and fun for both opponents and regulus because then opponents will struggle to get behind creeps or juke while regulus will have to be practiced to get good with snipe.  To me it seems like it would be a lot of fun and it also can cancel out the coordination snipe problem with all regulus teams.

+1 Karma | 9 Replies
January 21, 2009 7:38:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Interesting idea.

I have no problem with Snipe as is, other than the co-ordinated attacks. Co-ordinated Snipe attacks are something I would imagine won't last long in the balancing process; a couple of ways to get rid of it are:

A ) Snipe does less damage if it hits in quick succession (so the more snipes you take, the less damage each one does),

B ) Tracking Device only affects the player that puts it on you. So the rest of the enemy team can't see you to snipe at you just because one of them can. I don't see a massive problem with this as that person can relay your position to their team mates.

While we're on the subject of snipe, I'd like to see it buffed in one way; in the current build the damage it deals is affected by armour (more armour means less damage). I'd like to see either no armour mitigation from snipe or the opposite, so more armour means more damage. I argue this because common sense dictates that when you snipe a target you aim for a weak point, and because Snipe no longer does the damage its tooltip says because of enemy armour (although I recognise this works against my argument for more armour = more snipe damage).

Take that, Rook.

January 21, 2009 7:50:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not sure snipe is affected by armor. It's a skill, and afaik no skills get reduced by armor.

I would also like to see snipe changed, but unlike the first 2 posters I don't think it needs a buff. I would like to see a bigger mana cost on the skill so it cannot be "spammed".

January 21, 2009 8:25:05 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Nice Idea, you can pretty much relate your idea exactly to Mirana's Arrow from Dota, except it moving at a faster speed and greater distance... which would be incredibly fun to use.

January 21, 2009 9:15:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice idea, i agree with Evanescent.

January 21, 2009 10:25:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

To clarify: the damage of a Snipe is not affected by armor, only distance and skill level.   

January 21, 2009 10:31:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,
I'm not sure snipe is affected by armor. It's a skill, and afaik no skills get reduced by armor.

I would also like to see snipe changed, but unlike the first 2 posters I don't think it needs a buff. I would like to see a bigger mana cost on the skill so it cannot be "spammed".

I thought this (about the armour vs skills) as wel. Then I noticed my Snipe was getting odd numbers well below what the tooltip was stating.

Bug? Or just me being unobservant?

January 21, 2009 10:37:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There are other ways than armor to reduce incoming damage.

January 21, 2009 11:38:13 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I undoubtly stole this from dota but why change a good thing.  I mean that is what makes mirana of of the most fun heroes to play.  I don't know would be nice to see more aimed spells so there is more of an accuracy element and not just always point and click which gets dull sometimes.

January 21, 2009 2:41:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Imo it would be an absolutely useless skill unless it fired 100x quicker and the activation time was 100x faster, else it would be too hard to hit. I like the idea, but im not sure how pratical it would be ingame.

I personally think a simple increase in the cooldown time (15 seconds maybe?) and some other minor changes would fix it.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.