The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Idea] 1v1 Mode for Crazy Fun

By on January 20, 2009 7:57:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As it is, I don't see 1v1 ever working in Demigod. It's simply too dull and 1-dimensional. As an alternative, I suggest implementing a special "Versus" mode for 1v1 matches. The game will grant you control over as many demigods as are recommended by the map (so for the Cataract map, you get to control 3 demigods of your choosing).

Personally I think this would be crazy freaking awesome. It's completely out of line with the Demigod concept, and a lot of it would be pure twitch micro, but it would be a pure adrenalin rush that would appeal to many people. It would certainly be better than the useless 1v1 implementation that exists now.

As an added bonus, it would allow a new form of handicapping. You could pit one skilled player against two weaker players, with the two weaker players each commanding their own demigod for finer control.

+23 Karma | 14 Replies
January 20, 2009 7:58:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I endorse this post.

January 20, 2009 7:58:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I want this.

January 20, 2009 8:24:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It would require a complete rewrite of how the game and the UI works. I doubt we will see this in the game.

January 20, 2009 8:28:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That really depends on how the spells, items, and upgrades work.  They could just spawn extra Demigods (they are just units) when the game starts and triple the number of buttons in the UI

January 20, 2009 8:30:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not sure how purchasing items would work at all.

January 20, 2009 9:05:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

BAM CUT PRINT. PERFECT. Of course i would suck at it. I don't think the ai would have to really be reworked. The UI would need the stuff added. The engine wouldn't need an overly high upgrade.

January 20, 2009 9:16:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nah, don't bother with the AI. Just have it be an option for multiplayer ladder.

January 21, 2009 7:21:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice idea. It might breake the UI, but a raelly good idea, I like it.

January 22, 2009 9:52:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tbh as much as I like this idea if it were implemented I would always just play by myself Would use 5 regulus's and since I will have perfect teamwork I can snipe co-ordinate perfectly. Guys see the problem?

However if it was ONLY used for those 1v1's I would totally love it! But it shouldnt be an option to control more than 1 Demigod in 2v2's or 3v3's etc.

and atm I enjoy 1v1's Dont see the problem with them?

May 29, 2009 6:25:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This also would be great against computers. The computer's multitasking would give it an edge over human players. And even if they had to create a special 2vs2 map for it (2vs2 is about all i would be able to handle of it) it's be worth the wait. But the amount of reworking the UI would take would make it more of a mini expansion.

June 1, 2009 2:09:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

would anyone ever not play as Unclean Beast, Sedna, and Oak in a 3 DG version of this? Beast = DPS, Sedna heals Beast, Oak shields whoever gets low HP (and summons lots of minions too) until Sedna can heal --- all perfectly coordinated cause you're doing it yourself. In a 4 DG game you'd add Regulus.

June 1, 2009 12:02:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome idea.

June 1, 2009 12:15:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't see how this would work, just one Demigod takes full attention and strategy, multiples would just not work well.

June 1, 2009 11:50:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This would be SOOOO much fun because I love crazy microing intensive games and demigod LACKS that aspect of RTS gaming. Implementing this would totally add a new depth of gameplay. I WANT THIS pwease?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000188   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.