The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

For the sake of amusement...When did you preorder?

By on January 19, 2009 5:02:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Draknahr

Join Date 07/2008

March 2008

I remember reading about this game for the first time in February / March of last year thinking how great it looked. And then I read an interview with someone from stardock who talked about all the work they were planning on doing with extra content and the beta for preorderers in the "summer" and immediately preordered...never done anything like this before...but I just felt compelled. Anyone else have a similar story?

Locked Post 10 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 19, 2009 6:33:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I pre-ordered after Gamereplays.org opened up a portal about it. That was last year sometime probably in the summer july/august

January 19, 2009 6:42:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I preoredered the day before beta 1 was released. I have only been able to play since last week though

January 19, 2009 6:46:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think I preordered in April or so... probably right after they confirmed that you needed to preorder to get in the beta.  I've been interested in and following the game since it was announced (before then, even, when Scathis was still here and called it Something New and wouldn't give us any information), but I've never been a fan of preordering.  I prefer to wait an extra week after release to make sure it doesn't turn out horrible , and it usually isn't worth bothering.  Though this brings back bad memories...

Quoting Scathis,
Sure, we can have an initial of 'G'. I should be able to pull that off. If any name in my game starts with 'G', I did it all for you Gnats3.

Oak, Lord Erebus, Queen of Thorns, Sedna, Torchbearer, Rook, Unclean Beast, Regulus

January 19, 2009 9:07:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I pre-ordered pretty much the day they allowed us to. Good experience with Sins, cool-looking premise, and the pedigree of Supreme Commander #1.

January 19, 2009 9:20:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I read about this game in PC Gamer magazine and the picture with the Rook amazed me for some reason. The article was interesting. When I looked it up (Summer of last year) online to find that beta testing was available when pre-ordered I had to get it.  I can't wait till the final release.

January 20, 2009 1:10:48 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I preordered Demigod at the beginning of this month. I love collecting cool gaming swag, and when I saw the post about the collector's edition with the rook figure, I figured that I might as well preorder the CE and get a shot at playing the game a little early.

I've actually been reading about the game on these forums more than playing it since I am not a very competitive player. It sounds like there are quite a few issues to be resolved, but I hope that GPG and SD can iron them out before the game is released.

January 20, 2009 1:52:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

April the 8th within two hours of the pre-order going live!!!!

Scathis can neither confirm or deny this!!!

January 20, 2009 2:54:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sometime in October, thought I could get into beta 1 late, but no dice....

January 21, 2009 2:26:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i don't remember the exact day, but i remember pre-ordering when they announced beta access if you pre-ordered.

January 22, 2009 7:29:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And for contrast, yesterday.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000531   Page Render Time: