The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Sedna's op

By on January 18, 2009 2:56:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have played a couple games so far while using sedna without minions and I found her a beast without them. Will continue to test this and hope to test it on a good team of players but for now Sedna is a beast which I think she shouldnt be without her minions at her side. I'm open to ways of making her less of a beast. She should still be able to be in on the fight but shouldnt be able to easily kill DG's without her minis.

thoughts?

+8 Karma | 8 Replies
January 18, 2009 3:07:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I could say that about all the generals. What specific skills make her imba?

January 18, 2009 4:03:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well i don´t think this would apply for the oak (have not tried sedna much) but QoT is pretty good.

January 18, 2009 4:05:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't really see a problem with Sedna fighting without minions. If anything it highlights how similar generals are to assassins.

January 18, 2009 4:43:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm saying their should be a differnce between the 2 because if generals can fight assasins without minions if a game gets drawn out generals will become better because they have the option of using minions. So if they can already fight u won on won what will happen if they but minions. Qot i also found is pretty good without minions but when it comes to one on one she usually loses.

January 18, 2009 5:58:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

she has to be able to fight without minions: if you it is a use or die ability it removes a lot of options in her ability tree.

Still, i also think that a general has to be a little  weaker than an assassin, but that is why there is a beta^^, balancing the game is a bit part of the beta.

January 18, 2009 9:59:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

She's a nightmare to face with Regulus 1v1.  When your mines become your best skill to use, something is wrong.

I managed to pull it out, but that was solely because I focused on citadel upgrades, movement upgrades, and stacking mana/armor.

I literally wasn't an archer for the last part of the fight, but Mr. Minelayer with a xbow relying on his creeps to pull the fight my way.

She dominated the early game, constantly putting pressure on my citadel.  Definitely a rush demigod.

Pretty sure the other player thought they had dominated the match until angels started swooping down from my side while he just had gotten catapultasaurs.

It was still a toss up until I had controlled and locked one of his portals.  Right when I got giants.  He still ended up with the better kill/death ratio though.

If Sedna isn't rushing, I'd imagine she'd play great zone defense.

January 19, 2009 2:13:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

She's supposed to be a healer not a tanker, able to fight with her troops leading them to victory not standing alone against a demigod and waves of troops. I simply think is she doesnt get minions she shouldnt be able to kill unclean beast one on one.

January 19, 2009 11:46:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I find her very good that pounce is deadly. YetI are one of the last upgrades I get and she can be a great fighter with the right items. Especially with the +1000 heal wand and heal she can stay in the battle a long time.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.