The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

BUG DESYNC

By on January 16, 2009 11:17:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

3 games

all desync 

+1 Karma | 12 Replies
January 17, 2009 11:05:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

3 games: 2 desync 1 freez

January 17, 2009 11:11:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

4 games : two freezes.

January 17, 2009 11:15:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Some kind of data might be more useful. 

January 17, 2009 11:23:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes I understand.

During some games, the game goes in pause, but is not really in. We can move our mouse, look at the map, but nothing moves, like a freeze of the game. The first person who leave the game will have a crash and the others must leave by alt-tabbing, before having a crash too.

January 17, 2009 1:22:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Request:

Could you try a game where it's ONLY assassins.

I have a hypothesis that it's the minions of the generals that cause this.

January 17, 2009 5:10:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, I don't agree. I prefer assassins, but generals offers a different gameplay. We just need balance.

January 17, 2009 5:14:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He wants you to play a game with only assassins to see if the Generals' minions are making the game desync/crash...

January 17, 2009 5:23:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Some friends are thinking like me. Generals are overpowered.

We tried to play with only assassins vs general bots. OK, the rook is a little overpowered, and we beat general bots (thanks you rook), but a general bot is different like a general human.

January 17, 2009 5:30:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ugh. Frogboy is not talking about balance. he thinks having Generals on the field is causing desyncs.

January 17, 2009 5:39:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, sorry for my english, I traduct it like french, so it's not the same. I'll try it thanks I hope that my english is good, i have to pass an exam in july ! 

January 17, 2009 9:56:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've seen the same thing in a solo 1v3 game against the AI (I was the Queen of Thorns, the AI had the Rook, Oak and the Unclean Beast).  It happened just as I killed the Rook, don't know if that matters.  Like the earlier poster said, the game was "sort of working": I could move the view, change the camera angle, etc.  My character icon's animations were still going (the Queen's hair was blowing), but all the action on the battlefield had stopped, as had the background animations (the waterfalls).  Also, when I pressed "End Game" to go back to the main menu, I got the "Godlike Demigod" sound clip (presumably related to my kill) after the screen went black.

January 17, 2009 11:00:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game... still got a couple desyncs... but I dont know if I caused them... they were in 2v2 and 3v3's and one game was all assassin's but still desynced...   But I did have some games without desyncs after i reinstalled

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000296   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.