The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[BUG]Cannot Log in (Username + Password incorrect?)

Me and other people

By on January 16, 2009 10:18:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Whenever I try to log in into the new beta, 2B, I get the message that i am using the wrong username and password.

engysback is also have the exact same problem as me. We both can log into the forum, have tried changing password etc. I managed to log in find in the previous version.

Known bug or? Would really like to play this Beta...

+26 Karma | 19 Replies
January 16, 2009 10:28:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yep, same problem here.  Worked before on the previous version.  It's pretty depressing. 

Tried just about everything I can think of, changing my password, running in admin mode; uninstalling and reinstalling; restarting my computer; deleting the game prefrences file...

Can login to Impluse and the forums fine...

January 17, 2009 2:01:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had the same problem after I changed my password here in 'My Account'. Impulse kept telling me my username or password were wrong. The new beta update was a no-show but logging in here on the forum worked fine. I tested this on 2 seperate PCs (Intel Core2Duo and an old AMD 1800+, one with Windows XP SP3, one with SP2; IE7 on both, also Opera and Firefox; Flash 10, Java updated not long ago).

Workaround: I changed my password back to the old one and now the Demigod Beta 2B shows up on Impulse.

I hope this will work for you too and you still know your old password. Please fix this. Ill try to download and play the new beta.

EDIT: Downloading the Beta update works.

EDIT 2: Everything is fine, playing now.

January 17, 2009 6:42:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Guess this is a popular bug:
https://forums.demigodthegame.com/336634

And colenel I tried your workaround and it didnt work Thanks for trying to help though. I think our proble mis a bit different though, as we can log into Impulse and download the beta fine, its just when we are ingame and trying to connect to the game server it gives us the message that we have the wrong username/pass

January 17, 2009 6:51:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah it seems a few people are having this problem which is very annoying. Hope someone finds a fix soon.

January 17, 2009 7:11:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I tried your workaround and it didnt work
Oh, sorry to hear that. I hope they find a fix for your problem soon.

January 17, 2009 7:17:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wrong username/password msg here to

Not able to play

January 17, 2009 10:09:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Colonel_Jessep,
I had the same problem after I changed my password here in 'My Account'. Impulse kept telling me my username or password were wrong. The new beta update was a no-show but logging in here on the forum worked fine. I tested this on 2 seperate PCs (Intel Core2Duo and an old AMD 1800+, one with Windows XP SP3, one with SP2; IE7 on both, also Opera and Firefox; Flash 10, Java updated not long ago).

Workaround: I changed my password back to the old one and now the Demigod Beta 2B shows up on Impulse.

I hope this will work for you too and you still know your old password. Please fix this. Ill try to download and play the new beta.

EDIT: Downloading the Beta update works.

EDIT 2: Everything is fine, playing now.

No, different problem you were having.  All of us can login to Impluse fine, however, we can't connect to the Demigod Multiplayer because it gives us the incorrect username or password.

January 17, 2009 12:41:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I get this problem as well.  Getting into the game works fine just can't login past the internet option.

January 17, 2009 1:02:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We're working on it even as I type. Stay tuned.

January 17, 2009 1:05:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you run into this problem, message me. I just logged on as DalzK just fine.  

January 17, 2009 1:13:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can you sort my account out as well please? reck75

January 17, 2009 1:20:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey thanks for reply Frogboy
Strangely enough I still cant log in...get same message. Would you mind sending (by pm please ) me the password you used to log in? Just to doublecheck nothing strange is going on..

Well apparently the bug is due to the fact that the email on my impulse account is different than the one here. Is there anyway I can change that?

January 17, 2009 5:45:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Right, the email I used to buy the game is different than the email on my account. Can't log in either.

January 17, 2009 8:11:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey guys, would just like to say I managed to fix the bug, although I doubt this is the universal solution.

Basically, I had recently changed my windows time back a year, to 2008. I tried to log in, it didnt work. So after reading around forums a bit, I saw something about changing time back to its correct state to fix logging in problems. I did that, and put my time forward to 2009. I tried logging in, and voila, it worked

Really hope this works for you guys...although I doubt you all have put your time back wrong. Ill keep checking to see if I can help fix it..

January 17, 2009 9:35:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Temporary solution: Create a new account. It works!

January 18, 2009 5:23:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I´ve used a different email address to buy the game, too.

January 18, 2009 5:40:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the date idea didnt work, the new account didnt work, the original account which i bought the game doesnt work

January 18, 2009 5:51:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So is this looking like a problem\bug caused by people who purchased the game with a different email to the one registered to Impulse? I can't see anyway to change the email address in Impulse otherwise I chould change it to the one I used to purchase the game. Anyone know to do this?

DalzK, glad to hear your problem has been fixed although it sounds quite strange. Why would the time have an affect on the server accepting your password, afterall the forums and impulse continued to accept your password when your time was set to 2008. My date\time has been set correctly all along so it does seem this is just a fix for you.

Astonerbum, when you say setup a new account do you mean go into Impulse and create a new account? I thought about doing that but in the login screen there is a message which says that you shouldn't.

"If you already have a Stardock.net account please do not create a new account. Products purchased under an existing account will not be accessible from a new account."

I hope they get a proper fix out for this soon.

January 18, 2009 6:50:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DalzK, glad to hear your problem has been fixed although it sounds quite strange. Why would the time have an affect on the server accepting your password, afterall the forums and impulse continued to accept your password when your time was set to 2008. My date\time has been set correctly all along so it does seem this is just a fix for you.

Well im pretty sure its all linked to the GoDaddy certificates. Before all my certificates were invalid because they were expired, due to my dodgy time/date settings. Now they are not, because I have fixed the time. E.G - A certificate is valid from Jan 2009 - Febuary. Before my time was 2008, so this was wrong, and so made it invalid.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000875   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.