The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[SUGGESTION] Regulus` Mines

See title...

By on January 16, 2009 8:24:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Regulus` Mines

Regulus Mines are good as they currently are (Beta 2) but I`d like to see a delay in their activation,  maybe 3 full seconds before they go live. Only then could they explode.

I`m sure I`ve seen others accurately refer to these now as "grenades", which they ought not be.

+18 Karma | 15 Replies
January 17, 2009 7:08:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

But a fuse (timer) would make them just that functionally. As they are now they go boom when touched as a landmine would.

January 17, 2009 7:52:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He means that they have a delay before they activate as landmines and can be triggered.

January 17, 2009 10:45:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hehe, I said the same thing "they are like grenades now". But personaly I prefer how they are, we can use them for different functions.

January 17, 2009 1:24:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, I think that would stink.

I like them behaving as grenades.

I think what might be better is if the mines disappeared after say 120 seconds.

January 17, 2009 8:08:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"I think what might be better is if the mines disappeared after say 120 sec."

No that would be bad, I i think you should be able to stack them. if you can't, then what's the point of having an item that reviels invis stuff.

I think you should be able to place the mines closer together if you aim att your feet for better stacking considering how heavy the focus on health is with the like what, 70% of the items gives health? (not counting the favor point items)

January 17, 2009 11:38:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Well, you could also give Regulus a pulse rifle and some flashbangs. Heh. As is his Tactical Bombs seem more apt for an out-and-out alchemist character. Strategic Mines were the original concept and I think this current functionality is too far away from that. At least a "going live" delay would prevent him from so effectively utilizing them offensively... like grenades.

I like grenades too, but in FEAR, Iron Storm, Call Of Duty, Far Cry 2, and Counter-Strike.

Teh_Senkon makes a valid point as well regarding the detection of hidden assets - make these disappear after 'X' time and its one less asset to make detection items/abilities desirable. Besides, disappearing Mines smack of the same route once taken with the Rook`s formerly time-limited Tower placements.

Having them as Grenades instead of Mines likely dictates the general end of their deployment as Mines... why not toss them directly onto the enemy all the time instead of hoping the enemy crosses onto them?...  Flexibility in utility I agree, but I believe the entire concept of the Mine will be lost if this mechanism is preserved. True, I am not a Regulus kind of guy, but... .

January 18, 2009 12:00:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Right now and in Beta 2 I use the mines as grenades. It is a nice bonus that unexploded ones stick around to kill another day. Since currently they are pretty useless when trying to ambush enemies, and they cost so much mana. They are not that great as strategic tools (though they have some uses).

January 18, 2009 10:36:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is it bad that I have a mine build?  I'm treating the Regulus much like I had imagined a General would play.

Plant mines, hit from range until I'm noticed, then run and plant mines in a different lane.  Return to lane and do hit and run again.

January 19, 2009 12:03:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Not. This is a skill!!!! How does a mine disapper!!! Maybe reduce the amount of active mines but I am wasting a lot of mana to place them!!!

I want boulder roll to decrease range!!! And to reduce stun time to 1 second!!!! That is what you would do to regulus mines!!! I hate rook but the stun time is too long. The farther u are away from boulder the less stun time should be.

January 19, 2009 1:45:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Personally I think the mines should stay until detonated. It simply would not be fair to have them timeout methinks.

January 19, 2009 2:14:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If your mines go away then no would play him this would stink. DO NOT MAKE THE MINES GRENADES.

If you have a problem with it by the totem to see them.

January 19, 2009 5:01:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseRadish,

I hate rook but the stun time is too long. The farther u are away from boulder the less stun time should be.

Thats not a bad idea, HorseRadish...

April 29, 2009 8:00:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

This COULD work. But 2 minutes in game is a VERY long time. Especially since they persist beyond the death of the Regulus, whereas no other ability appears to. However:

I just had the single most frustrating and hair-pulling Pantheon experience just before.
I was in a 2v2 Domination game on one of the smaller maps with only 3 flags across. BOTH their players were Regulus, and guess what?

They both chose a mine build.
We had a situation where they had TWELVE mines between them, and they were camping the flags waiting for a mine to go off to follow with a snipe. Needless to say, we weren't very successful in even CAPPING a flag, let alone getting anywhere near beating them.

Sure, when we got them off the mined flags, we could tear them up as per normal, but when the objective is to capture the flags, and when the mines are doing some SERIOUS damage at the later levels especially...it's beyond silly. We were essentially being two shotted each time we tried to capture a flag and they would never move off the central flags.

This CANNOT be the intended usage for mines, because it's so very, very lame and extremely unbalanced.
We spent all our coin on health pots to counteract the mines and citadel upgrades, and then when they got onto the artifact shop items as they had little other expenditures...yeah, the game was quite short lived.

What can be done about this?

EDIT: Wow, the search function goes as far back as the beta forums. I'll just make a newer topic, sorry guys!

April 29, 2009 1:54:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You can send Idol Minions ahead of you to detonate mines... send one at a time into the field to activate them.

I still am of the mind Mines should have a delay before they become active. These contact det. packs kind of suck...

(grin non-Regulus`ly)

I do not however think any kind lifespan would be cool - be the same kind of mistake as having Rook`s Towers last only 'X' period of time.

May 11, 2009 11:07:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

they are mines you lay a mine they are active at that time.  a gernade has a timer in it u pill the pin and it does not blow up then you throw it and it wil blow up after few seconds.Mines you pull the pin they are active as long as someone steps on them they go boom

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001266   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.