The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

2B First Impressions?

By on January 15, 2009 11:51:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I will be at work when this comes out today, but I thought I'd ask what your first impressions are?

+118 Karma | 30 Replies
January 16, 2009 11:43:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No what happens when you run into Holidays and release something that use to work and no longer does I say wait another month 2B or not 2B because that is the question!!!!!

January 16, 2009 12:07:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I for one really appreciate the willingness of Stardock and GPG to put beta builds into the hands of customers to get feedback early.

The current beta 2 build only works occassionally on my machine, but that's fine. It's beta. And the fact that it's worked more often on other people's machines means that they've gotten more customer feedback than they would have if they hadn't released a build before the holidays.

If others don't like the crashes or the lack of polish that accompany early beta builds, they're under no obligation to download or play the beta. And those who are willing to wade through the crashes and glitches provide feedback that ultimately make this a better game for everyone.

January 16, 2009 12:17:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well but there is nor reason for them to be so cruel. first they tease us with the release and then they make us suffer  (i.e. let us wait for the release   ...

January 16, 2009 12:49:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The beta program is pretty good.

I really like Stardock games, and I like commenting on them early.

I like the Demigod beta programme.

The only thing about SD that I dislike is the persistent disappearing ship bug in Galciv2.

January 16, 2009 1:08:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So just to update:

Frogboy is projecting Beta availibility today "Evening-ish, EST" at which point this thread will resume normal "2B First Impressions" activity. 

That is all

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.