The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Play testing!

By on January 12, 2009 2:15:50 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1470

IMG_0365

I’ve arrived in Seattle and we’re play testing the new build. I must say, the new game modes are REALLY fun. 

One tweak we made today is that controlling flags will cause war score to go up. Citadel upgrades will cost a certain amount of gold to purchase and require a certain war score to be available to purchase. The combination makes the game play a lot more fun. It’s hard to describe but those of you in the beta will see soon.

Our goal remains to get a build up this week. We’re still struggling to improve the NAT negotiation features so that multiplayer is a lot smoother – that’s why we have the public beta so that it’s not after release we’re dealing with that.

Stay tuned!

Locked Post 13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 12, 2009 9:08:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good morning, Frogboy!  Thanks for the update, I am really eager to check out the changes! 

January 12, 2009 9:39:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Woot! Can't wait, especially for a stable MP experience

Cheers for keeping us in the loop

January 12, 2009 10:04:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi,

Sounds great. A major question though is ... will the QoT be in this build please?

Please?

January 12, 2009 11:14:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just give us a bog standard NAT whatever. 

January 12, 2009 12:50:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the update, Frogboy. 

Hopefully we'll have something to play with on Thursday. 

At this point there's not much in this build left to talk about because we haven't been able to play anything more than 2 v 2 consistently. 

LF veteran 5 v 5

January 12, 2009 1:42:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey Frogboy, I'm excited to see a working multiplayer build, and these game modes sound exciting!

One thing I do think would be good though is to have the LAN enable again.

I know you want us trying out the online multiplayer to make sure it works, but it seems that in this last build, when the internet version didn't work, everyone just stopped playing for the most part. I know I haven't played much at all since the first week it came out simply because I couldn't connect to very many people, and it was frustrating spending more time setting up a game then actually playing. AI skirmishes can get old pretty quickly (although I can't wait for single player mode)

Maybe you could make a game fix afterwards if the NAT still isn't working?

Just a thought!

January 12, 2009 3:47:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

looks a bit like at my working place^^. (even the 2 screens for one computer like i got them at work )

January 12, 2009 4:56:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sounds fun but even more stable mp conditions untill then we cant give u very accurate views of what to change. but thanks for keeping us posted.

January 12, 2009 6:35:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am glad the connectivity issue is the principle issue being worked on.

January 12, 2009 7:54:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Don't have too much fun, remember to get some work done. Looking forward to seeing the results of your labour.

January 12, 2009 8:00:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hopefully with connection issue fixed we'lll see more people hosting and accually be able to join um

January 13, 2009 9:01:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thanks for the update frogboy, can't wait for the update.

January 13, 2009 12:46:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Cheers for the update Frogboy!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000593   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.