The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Next Patch ETA?

By on January 11, 2009 9:40:20 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hiya,

Im curious on if there is any indication on when the next patch, fixing the pathetic network code, will be released? As much as i love attempting to connect to games for 5 hours straight with no success, some actual online multiplayer beta testing and gameplay would be much appreciated. I am assuming that my case is worse than most others being from Australia and i know of only 1 other Australian beta tester whom i have yet to attempted a game with just from general distaste for how many hours per week i spend wasting my time with no result.

Has there been any mentioned date on the next patch? from dev's or any source?

PS: Don't bother with the "this is a beta and not all things are going to work" reply. I am aware it's a beta yet i see dozens of people daily enjoying the game yet i have only played 2, 2v2 games online from weeks of attempts. I Pre-ordered to support the work and development of this game as well as try and get involved in testing and discussions and get involved in this community but it's almost impossible. Just disappointed is all.

Cheers

Evanescent

+10 Karma | 11 Replies
January 11, 2009 9:45:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've basically stopped playing the game until the patch comes out. It's just an exercise in aggravation at this point.

At least I got to discover Sins of a solar empire in the meantime so I check that out as I wait

January 11, 2009 9:53:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Next week seems likely.  Stardock likes to release on Thursdays for some reason, so probably then.

January 11, 2009 12:36:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I heard they may release it at the beginning of the week. I know they normally release on thursday but from what frogboy said, it could be possible before that.

January 11, 2009 1:16:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

frogboy said last thurs last fri or this monday so I'm guessing monday

January 11, 2009 3:20:42 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yeah I would say it is anyones guess now.  I think we all share your sentiment about the multiplayer and being frustrated but just imagine how pathetic it must have been before they took longer to release beta two.  I like dBo have stopped playing it also just for the same reason it has to compete for my time with other games that work.  Lets all hope this next patch will solve all our problems but don't have too high hopes.

January 16, 2009 9:20:09 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I second your frustration, I have a friend & myself who pre-ordered eager to play some co-op together & write up some bug reports...and invite more to try the beta.

/bump - any new ETA anyone?  I saw end of last week, early this week posted...and its friday  Worries me there might be delay trouble in the future (which is normal, but I'd still like to be up-to-date on whats up) :/

January 16, 2009 9:50:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

guessing you havn't seen this thread

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/336472

January 16, 2009 5:38:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What is their definition of evening ish.

January 16, 2009 5:46:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In the evening, I imagine.

January 16, 2009 5:49:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Soccer194,
What is their definition of evening ish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evening

Evening is the period in which the daylight is decreasing, between the late afternoon and night, around the time when dinner is taken.

My vietnamese pho should be ready by 9pm. So hopefully my dinner and a new demigod will consummate an evening of awesomeness.

January 16, 2009 6:30:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

saw at another post patch should be uploadable soon its being uploaded now.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.