The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[BUG?] Persistent/Achievement items need to be bought and then clicked to be activated

And lets make it a bit more obvious from where you can buy them

By on January 7, 2009 8:13:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I noticed that the second time I wanted to use an achievement item. Clicking on it and then the ok on the warning box, marked the item as bought, but the other items were not "greyed out".  That meant I could keep buyng them. Initially I thought this was a bug as it would allow me to use more than one of them. But then I noticed that they didn't appear in the rightmost slot at all. Apparently to equip one, you need to click on that item again once it's been bought (and marked). This is not really intuitive imho.

An item should be equiped as soon (and the selection menu closed) as soon the player clicks the "OK". As it is, the second "selection" of the bought item does not make any sense as you can't either equip more than one, or switch between the ones you've bought once you've equiped one of them.

As a sidenote, I'd also like to have the location where you need to click to get to that buying menu a bit more intuitive. Nobody thinks of clicking on an empty item slot unless they already know they have to. Perhaps we can fill this slot with a "dummy item" icon to draw the attention of the player, who upon clicking at it, will be taken to the selection menu.

+7 Karma | 2 Replies
January 13, 2009 2:16:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Since the items are persistent, you can have more than one, but only equip one at a time. So it sounds like this is WIA, though it could probably be made more obvious.

January 13, 2009 11:53:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ah alright, however at this moment all your items are gone when you start a new game but you're probably aware of that already

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.