The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

We've been holding out...

By on December 26, 2008 3:05:09 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1470

In the next few weeks, we'll be close enough to release to start talking more about all the cool stuff that we haven't had in the betas so far. Stay tuned.

Locked Post 36 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 26, 2008 3:06:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Stay tuned.

*affixes his antennae*

You guys always were a tease.

December 26, 2008 3:34:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In the next few weeks, we'll be close enough to release to start talking more about all the cool stuff that we haven't had in the betas so far. Stay tuned

So are we going to get to try these before release?  And does that mean you aren't moving release back from February/March?  Publishing schedules wait for no man and all that but TBH alot of your buyers would be happier if you held off to polish it....

December 26, 2008 3:51:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Whatever you do please hold the release back if nessesary to make demigod all that it can be. I don't care if I have to wait months after the february release date if it means the game is going to be more solid and clean.

December 26, 2008 4:01:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Ke5trel,

In the next few weeks, we'll be close enough to release to start talking more about all the cool stuff that we haven't had in the betas so far. Stay tuned

So are we going to get to try these before release?  And does that mean you aren't moving release back from February/March?  Publishing schedules wait for no man and all that but TBH alot of your buyers would be happier if you held off to polish it....

Ah but remember, Stardock and GPG are privately held companies. We have the luxury of pushing the date back if we want simply because we want more time to add new things beta testers or we come up with.

With Sins of a Solar Empire, it was originally supposed to come out in August of 2007 but the beta testers came up with so much cool stuff and so did we (Ironclad/Stardock) that we pushed the date to February 2008. That worked out pretty well.

If I had to guess, I think Demigod is going to end up coming out in April. Nothing official yet but we want time to play test all these cool features.

December 26, 2008 4:04:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nothing official yet but we want time to play test all these cool features.

You, Sir, are the man.

December 26, 2008 4:15:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any idea of an upcomming update? Let it be to fix connection issue or anything else?

Sorry for the impatience but this game is soo great. Im all excited!

December 26, 2008 4:21:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMGYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

that was the sound of sheer joy. I had some left over from the holidays, and now I have the perfect way to use it up.

December 26, 2008 4:24:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I know we want to get the fixes we have for multiplayer connectivity in as soon as possible (ideally first week of January).

Here's the deal:

How many times have you bought a game and couldn't get it to work online or found it to just not have been thoroughly tested for multiplayer? I know it bugs the heck out of me.

Here we have the opportunity to address just that.  To make sure that we try out these new game modes, make sure multiplayer works as well as humanly possible, and so on.

The single player part of Demigod is very important, no doubt about that.  But where Demigod will likely live on in the long term is the multiplayer tournaments we're developing.  The technology behind the tournaments is stuff that, at the risk of sounding bold, have never been done before. We want to make sure this stuff works very well.

Stardock and GPG are privately held. We don't have to release games because of some arbitrary fiscal quarter for stock holders. We can push to April if we want simply because we want to make sure the game is awesome.  If we do this right, Demigod could be 2009 game of the year (we hope).

December 26, 2008 4:41:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yay for private-ness! I hate when games are released at only a fraction of their potential. It's just sad. Who wants a game that they know could be better? Heck, if you have to hold out until mid-summer (knock on wood), I'd rather that then have a game come out only half assed. Or even three-quarter assed. I mean, there are game updates/patches for a reason, but you can only do so much with those.

December 26, 2008 5:15:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is exactly why I try my best to offer clear, indepth feedback. Stardock + GPG is a good combo, MUCH better than GPG's connection with Microsoft back in their Dungeon Seige days. Poor guys had to go without pay checks for.... how long?

December 26, 2008 5:22:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Lucky me, hopefully I can get the hang of Demigod next week when I start playing it

UPS should ship weekends

If we do this right, Demigod could be 2009 game of the year (we hope).

Just like Sins was for a lot of sites

December 26, 2008 7:10:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks great, but you've missed the obligatory kart racing and football modes.

"make sure multiplayer works as well as humanly possible"

Hold that thought.

Edit: I think you're going to have a lot of competition for that game of the year in 2009. Oddly I think your most direct competitor is going to be Dawn of War 2 - here's to a year of excellent LAN parties.

December 26, 2008 7:17:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As long as there are some hot sexy chick demigods available delay it as long as you want. 

December 26, 2008 7:18:04 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And the random "WTF" mini game mode.

December 26, 2008 9:23:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thrawn2787,
Lucky me, hopefully I can get the hang of Demigod next week when I start playing it

UPS should ship weekends

Are you waiting to get the box set? That's not going to come until the game is released, you have to download the beta via impulse.

December 26, 2008 9:24:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I cant WAIT to see what else is in store

December 26, 2008 9:40:25 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Are you waiting to get the box set? That's not going to come until the game is released, you have to download the beta via impulse.

He's probably waiting for his PC. He's been complaining about his junk box for over a year now

December 26, 2008 9:43:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Annatar11,

He's probably waiting for his PC. He's been complaining about his junk box for over a year now

If so, Woo! on the new system!

December 26, 2008 9:54:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

And the random "WTF" mini game mode.
ZubaZ waits for the Hot Grog mini game. 

December 26, 2008 10:00:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wakka Wakka, you all know you want it.

Play as a Mino and Rook's run around after you.

December 26, 2008 10:02:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Ordered it on Xmas from Newegg (building it myself). I have demigod, its just that my computer can't play it. My friend's can, but it plays at like .5 FPS and the rook was red. So basically I can't play it anywhere lol

Zubaz waits for the Hot Grog mini game.

lol

December 26, 2008 10:53:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh, i see, well congratz on the new comp. That's always exciting

December 27, 2008 12:40:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

YAY, ive always prefered the blizzard/valve approach of taking ages to release a game, but making that game awsome, its way better than the EA "add a new number on the end of the title and add a few bugs" approach

December 27, 2008 2:00:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Nights Edge,

"make sure multiplayer works as well as humanly possible"

Hold that thought.

Edit: I think you're going to have a lot of competition for that game of the year in 2009. Oddly I think your most direct competitor is going to be Dawn of War 2 - here's to a year of excellent LAN parties.

I think you forgot about starcraft 2

December 27, 2008 6:38:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Forgotten about Starcraft 2? Never on my radar to be honest. I didn't like the original much, no-one at the LANs I go to play it, and if the sequel is more of the same then I can't see that changing.

But actually, what I was getting at, was that DoW2 and Demigod appear to have a lot in common: levelling up, purchaseable upgrades, no base building, territory control gameplay, small number of units to play with.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001235   Page Render Time: