The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Features you like just how they are!

By on December 23, 2008 7:08:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just making this topic on a whim, basically everyone knows it's beta and everyone knows it's their chance to change what they don't like.

Well just to keep a sense of balance and a little stability, here's a place to voice your opinions on what bits of the game you already love and hope will never change (much)!

A couple of mine to start things off :

Attack while moving (Especially the melee) - Not just the mechanic, the animations for the most part feel just right, I just like it.

Knocking back still living small units by various means - I especially like the added damage when they land, lovely little touch.

+5 Karma | 7 Replies
December 23, 2008 9:32:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My personal favorite feature right now is neutral portals, those and the artifact shop are the only flags I feel any need to capture in the current build. 

December 24, 2008 12:40:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Capturable gold mines.

The ability to micro each set of general creeps.

Each demigod having access to life steal through items.

The ability to lock flags.

If you screw up, you're dead.  If you misclick, you'll probably recover from it.

Never ending waves of ever strengthening fodder.

Really...too much to state in one post.  I'll stop there.

December 24, 2008 5:02:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The individual Demigods.

Everything from the detail of the Torch Bearer's armor to the way the Unclean Beast moves. Oh, and Regulus' comb-over.

I can't wait to see Sedna, the Queen of Thorns, and any other characters we havent seen yet in game.

But I suppose those arent really features, so that-wise, I'd say the really cool maps, Atlantis especially.

December 24, 2008 6:54:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

At the moment I quite like the way that you have to balance gold expenditure on the citadel and your own equipment. I know that's being scrapped soon though. It adds a nice bit of depth to your decision making.

I like the Demigod death animations.

I really like the creeps in all ways. I think that they're just right in appearance and behavior.

December 24, 2008 7:41:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The artwork: almost all of it is beautiful and the animations fluid. Yet it still runs well enough on some pretty old hardware.

Towers of light linking together.

Tons of options for the game host to play with. Can really alter the play style.

The basic underlying concept of the game (thanks DoTA and similar mods).

December 24, 2008 3:18:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really like how you start to see skill take a part in this Beta.  Watching two 1 v 1 Regulus opponents mine-dancing (hi IamKira) or a team WTFGANK their opponents by coordinating abilities (Hi Flurus and Wagnard) is pretty cool. 

I like the concept of favor items.

I like the community.

December 29, 2008 9:29:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think the thing that stood out most to me in this latest iteration is the heartbeat just before your demigod respawns after dying.  It's a subtle touch that adds so much to the death/resurrection process.

Other than that, I really like the multiplication of flag types and locations as new maps are introduced.  More elements of battlefield control are always welcome.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.