The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Bug] Trouble starting a game

By on December 21, 2008 7:16:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

On Friday, I had no trouble starting Internet games against the AI. (Connecting to other people's games was problematic, but there's other threads about that). Then, starting on Saturday, I haven't been able to start a game against the AI. I set up the game, click "ready", click "launch game" and then I get the standard Light vs Dark screen with the Tip at the bottom. At this point nothing happens (It stays on this screen for ever ... I've let it run for hours just to see) ... the Tip doesn't even change.

The last line in my log file is:

"info: Sim::Create() crashed: attempt to get as string a nil value
      stack traceback:"

Is there any way to submit a complete log file to the developers to provide them with as much information as possible about the problem?

+2 Karma | 6 Replies
December 21, 2008 10:04:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stardock had a nifty program for that, called "Smart Exception". I don't know if it would work with Demigod, since it is developed by another company. My bad : I haven't used it for this beta, since Demigod has never, ever crashed on me!

December 21, 2008 10:20:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lucky demigod crashed when someone left from my game.

December 22, 2008 4:49:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

By any chance are you using a non-English Windows?

December 22, 2008 5:26:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kryo,
By any chance are you using a non-English Windows?

I am aware, kryo, that your question is not addressed to me, but I can report that my own Windows-XP OS is a French edition (with the language set, a posteriori, as english) : I have never experienced any problem because of that basic French version.

December 23, 2008 10:01:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sorry, English-language version of XP

December 23, 2008 11:30:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have the same problem US vista ultimate 64 bit. I did install the french language pack for my kids who are taking french

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000079   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.