The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Elemental Banner & Signature Ad Graphics

Frogboy & Boogiebac need YOU!

By on November 15, 2008 10:32:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Spartan

Join Date 03/2006
+171

OK I got several sites I run which combined get well over 1million hits a month and I want to run Elemental banner ads on them. I ran Sins ads on them for some time and I hope they were the result of many copies of Sins being sold. I know of at least 20 that I was told about but I like to think it was much more and I want to do the same for Elemental.

I don’t want SD to waste money paying to advertise on sites when there are people in this community that can really step up and help out on the gorilla marketing side of things. So if anyone here fancies themselves an artist please step up and make some horizontal and vertical ones both animated and not for inclusion on all my sites and maybe other people sites who are part of the community.

I would also like to see some signature images developed as well for people to place in their signatures on other sites to boot.

Locked Post 20 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 15, 2008 11:30:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That's a nice idea Spartan, but maybe we should wait that the game gets more screenshots of teasers, else people might click then be disapointed that there's not a lot of stuff to see, I've read very harsh comments on various sites about the first elemental trailer for example. Just my two cents!

November 15, 2008 11:45:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

He's got a point, at this moment it is looking rather rough and probably needs some more shine before they show it off, just my two cents, no point in advertising like a madman if nothing is really there to be seen.

November 15, 2008 12:08:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I made 4 userbars/signature ads. I'm not at all happy with how they turned out, but I thought I'd share them anyway.

November 15, 2008 2:26:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A simple one :

A simple banner fo relemental : War of Magic

November 16, 2008 4:58:55 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

@Cervomix, ImperialDane - Yeah I have read a few chump things as well. I think Frogboy is failing to clearly communicate what is being shown is an alpha version of the game. I think they should add the words "alpha version" at the beginning and the end of everything released so people don’t get all bent out of shape.

As I said in another thread the expectations for this franchise are getting off the chart high and that may cause some premature negative blowback. Image/perception management will be a key tool to minimize such fallout. Consequently stuff like this on the part of us, the gamer community, will go a long way in serving that purpose.

@vieuxchat - I'm so glad you changed your avatar. It looks hot now - as I envisioned it would with the proper color.

@The rest - Good Stuff guys.

November 16, 2008 5:41:45 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Another one :

Hope you'll like it

@Spartan : Yes, green is good on some forum but not here I really love that tribal wolf. It's my avatar on each forum I go.

EDIT: I'd really like feedback, especially the negative ones, to improve my amateurish work. More fluff? Less? Bad color choices? What could I do to improve?

November 16, 2008 9:37:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nice one. I would consider doing something to the background texture or highlight wise for it as it sort of takes away from the details of the images and I would sharpen the text some to match the images but otherwise nice work. I also like the tribal wolf.

November 16, 2008 11:46:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Ok, I tried to do a better job with your advices :

I made the picture a bit larger, so I lose less details. And with a brighter background the "war of magic" is easier to read. I tried to stay with tones from the website.

November 16, 2008 12:13:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hmmm... Still looks washed out. Try a high contrast background image like the official site one below:

November 16, 2008 1:02:33 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yop I tried something else : (and what means "washed out"? I'm sorry but english isn't my born langage)

The "war of magic" thing is kinda weird because I didn't succeed to "capture" nicely from the site background.

November 16, 2008 1:21:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Washed out means faded or low contrast. 

Here is a real quick hyper contrast processed B&W text element (no pun intended) file I made for you. Colorize it or photo filter it and you should be on your way. It needs some cleaning up but what you need is there.

November 16, 2008 2:16:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Thanks And voila the new one !

November 16, 2008 3:03:43 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looking better. I would consider adding the colors back to the end letter holders for consistency reasons and not coloring the lower text. Moreover look at a drop shadow to accent the ice effect.

November 16, 2008 3:30:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I tried, but it seems i've reached what I can do with gimp. Anyway that was entertaining Thanks for the advices.

November 16, 2008 4:56:59 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting vieuxchat,
I tried, but it seems i've reached what I can do with gimp. Anyway that was entertaining Thanks for the advices.

Adobe lets you download the full PS package for a 30 free trial. Plan you work in advance...

November 17, 2008 12:53:37 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I was speaking about my skills GIMP has almost everything PS can do. I just don't have enough skills ...

November 17, 2008 1:00:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting vieuxchat,
I was speaking about my skills GIMP has almost everything PS can do. I just don't have enough skills ...

OK. Well Google is your friend there are lots easy step by step digital media manipulation tutorials online methinks. One does this stuff to improve their skills no?

November 17, 2008 1:13:34 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yep you're right, and that's what i've done to get from "I know ... nothing" to "i can copy/paste, use layers, change colour, etc..."

But right now I don't really have the time to improve my skills I'll wait for my holidays ^___^

November 17, 2008 2:27:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting vieuxchat,
Yep you're right, and that's what i've done to get from "I know ... nothing" to "i can copy/paste, use layers, change colour, etc..."

But right now I don't really have the time to improve my skills I'll wait for my holidays ^___^

I feel you brother. Me too, me too...

November 19, 2008 8:39:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

You guys are doing a great job with the limited amount of artwork out for the game.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time: