The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

System requirements?

By on November 10, 2008 3:28:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi,

I have installed the Beta 1C on my grilfriend´s PC, it is a

AMD 3800 X2 with 1 GB RAM and a ATI 2600 pro graphic-card

the game is unplayable 1v1 , on both maps with all details low, maybe 3-5 FPS.

this game runs with the supreme commander engine, but SC and FA runs perfect 1v1 on this PC! Didnt they told us that the system requirments will get less than in SC. Hope that will change in Beta 2.

+1 Karma | 11 Replies
November 10, 2008 3:49:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, its amazing enough that you can even run SC with a single core on 1v1, and Im guessing its on 10x10 maps. Any more than that I bet your PC cant handle it. Also its beta, cant expect much from the game yet since they are still fixing it. I hope I can run 4v4 on my crappy PC which cant even handle anything larger than 3v3 in SC because of the Pentium D.

November 10, 2008 4:35:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no, X2 3800+ is a dual-core, i had one for quite a while and it served quite well on up to 20km maps.

Bier, can you verify that it's three to five FPS? that sounds extraordinarily low. pressing forward slash (between numpad and asterisk on a QWERTY keyboard) will bring up the render-time in Demigod. what values do you get there?

November 10, 2008 8:22:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi, yes it´s a dual core,

i get 14 - 17 fps at begin of the game, when the minotaurous starts to fight ti goes down to 4-7 fps, when the TB spells his Rain of Ice i have 0,7 to 1,8 fps and the sound makes an echo!

The sound is the funniest thing, when i make the first kill it cries "fir - firs - first smi - smite"

dont know what the other values are

November 10, 2008 8:30:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i really suspect it's a compatibility issue with your sound card/drivers. may i ask what sound card (even if it's integrated) and driver version you are using?

November 10, 2008 9:24:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The system requirements have been posted on Stardock's site:

https://store.stardock.com/product.aspx?productid=ESD-TGN-W293

November 10, 2008 12:12:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, I have the recommended requirements.

But it´s unplayable on the lowest solution and everything on low. I´ve got echos too.

I´ve no extra soundcard, it´s onboard, here are some informations about it (don´t know, if they will help,

maybe you can point me to the right direction )

3d-audiodriver: Xear3D, CRL3D, DS3D, EAX2.0, A3D1.0

audio codec: CMI9761

driver version: 5.12.01.0051.3(73)

audio controller: INTEL 82801EB

November 10, 2008 1:21:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Make sure you have the latest ATI drivers.   If the issue still exist, you would need to post this in the Beta Feedback forum here:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/forum/472

Make sure to include your dxdiag information by clicking Start -> Run -> dxdiag

November 10, 2008 2:51:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if I am not mistaken the ATI 2600 PRO is better than a Nvidia 7950GT right?

I have a AMD X2 and a Nvidia 7950GT and it runs at about 40 fps with low to medium details so there must be something wrong with support for ATI cards currently (I am pretty sure of that because most or all who complained about such massive slowdown had ATI cards)

November 10, 2008 6:29:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

try geometric instancing in CCC (for all those ATI users out there), SupCom has issues with it turned off so it's worth a shot at hokeying about with.

[EDIT:] if that doesn't work, look through the known bug list, and the beta feedback forum for previous mentions of it and if you can't find any mention of it then make a new thread in beta feedback.

November 16, 2008 3:15:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hi,

I had the resolution on 1680x1050, that was the reason for the bad performence!!

After setting to 1024x768, every thing runs fine with more than 36 FPS!!

Sound is ok too.

cya

November 16, 2008 5:50:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sorry to burst your bubble, but 36FPS isn't flash hot.

but for such an old card, i'd be happy too.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.