The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Suggestion/Idea] customising of skills . Shiny picture included!

By on November 7, 2008 1:17:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I suggest the following: Whenever you increase one of your skills you get to choose bewteen two (or more) customisations for it, e.g.:

You have lvl 1 fireball and want to get fireball lvl 2 you can now choose bewteen a additional range or b shorter cast animation.

Increasing the skill to lvl 3 gives you the choise between c additional damage over time or d splash damage.

You can see with a system akin to this evry player will have an individual demigod for you can have a+c or a+d, b+c or b+d and that are just the combinations for fireball.

[URL=http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=custkw9.jpg][/URL][URL=http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php][/URL]

+185 Karma | 11 Replies
November 8, 2008 8:50:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really wanted skill upgrades, but man, this is a lot easier of a way to do it when what I thought

It's getting less and less likely from where im standing that this will happen, but I would definantly LOVE it.

November 11, 2008 1:31:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with you.  If the plan is for a small cast of demigods, adding skill augmentations would add tons of replayability to each demigod.  Maybe they'll impliment it in the future with an update after release, adding even more awesomeness to an already great looking game.  (Like how skill synergies in Diablo 2 added replayability, even with its linear story line and multiplayer.)

November 14, 2008 1:43:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Love this idea, it's simpler than skill trees, and more complex than what they have now, and adds tons of customization.

November 14, 2008 11:29:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yep, even if the devs have some really fancy but articulate skill progression in the works they should look at this one

November 14, 2008 3:50:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, for the life of me I cant find the post, and maybe I've just lost my mind, but I swear I saw a post by a dev with a picture on it of the TB's skill tree with an arrow pointing at the line between lvl=l1+2 Fireball.

The arrow had text saying "Skill Padding"

It was from quite a while ago, I think the picture was Beta 1's TB Tree.

Regardless, If I Havn't lost my mind and this exists, could skill padding mean something big?

November 14, 2008 3:50:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*can someone tell me how exactly to link a picture (with out it getting small), so i could update my post? (hosted on imageshack)

Ontopic: @kestrel: since the forum is not flooded with posts i guess they will read it.

Edit: you mean this picture: http://www.draginol.com/images/DemigodBeta1Apreview_B767/image_3.png ?

from this thread: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/326055 ?

Well it is a bit vague, imho.

November 14, 2008 4:35:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love you.

Ha! But yes, it's nothing big. But hey, I can't tell what they mean by that and it could end up being big!

Or not. but who knows.

January 18, 2009 2:45:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

since i am seriously concerned (and disapointed exept for QoT and Regulus) about the skill tress:

/push

please devs give us custimisation / synergies ect. 

January 19, 2009 10:47:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think, and that can be still added, that they should make more dependant skills, like in the QoT skill tree. Make various skills at the end of the tree that are dependant from the skills you leveled.

It would be a sort of reward and uniquenesss in the branches u leveled, right now all skill trees are much linear.

January 20, 2009 7:26:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't think these skills should be at the end of the tree, getting to 15 in most games means the games about to end really soon anyways so being able to use these skills and their effectivness only shows it self end game rather than begining and meta.  Ideas that impliment new skills and new synergies really need to be taken into consideration.

January 20, 2009 11:08:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting longshotRumors,
I think, and that can be still added, that they should make more dependant skills, like in the QoT skill tree. Make various skills at the end of the tree that are dependant from the skills you leveled.

It would be a sort of reward and uniquenesss in the branches u leveled, right now all skill trees are much linear.

Tecnhically it's not a brand new skill. It's just an additional, passive ability added to the existing ones. I do like how it interacts with both abilities that it's dependant on though. That's a nice touch.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.