The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Which Game Should I get?

By on October 19, 2008 11:38:08 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I've been recently looking for a new game and I've been having trouble deciding whether I should get Red Alert 3 or World in Conflict.  Any suggestions?

btw: I have been leaning a little more towards World in Conflict.

+3 Karma | 8 Replies
October 19, 2008 11:53:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Non of them-

Supreme Commander

October 20, 2008 12:12:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Red Alert 3, Hands down. I beta tested it. ITS GOING TO BE AMAZING!!

October 20, 2008 12:31:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

i hate the beta of RA3...its dumb...i've played the demo of WiC and i liked it but never got it.  so i'd go with WiC. besides, WiC is already out...isn't RA3 not out yet? correct me if i'm wrong...college isolates me...hehe

October 20, 2008 2:01:35 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

WiC is a great game. But their community is in a state of flux seeing that they had been dropped by Activision and the Xpack indefinetely put on hold. While I'm quite certain they will find a publisher, the community has been lagging ever since. WiC beeing a very online multiplayer focused game, i think community is a very big factor. I'm speaking as a former WiC player myself. I sold my copy.

RA3 while not out looks like it will have quite a big community. Where I'm at, it seems it got a lot of pre orders and there is even a launch event threwn by EA. Big question is how long will the community last.

October 20, 2008 4:57:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Get Sins!!!!

October 20, 2008 3:24:46 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I would suggestion any non-DRM game, which means not RA3. If it wouldn't have it ...

October 21, 2008 2:21:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i just can give you my experiences with RA3. the game is not bad, but the factor of DRM and the possibility to just install it 5 times because you dont buy the game, what you buy is in fact the OK to install the game 5 times and then get a new key or load by ordering it over a hotline (which is not free)... that and the point of SecoRom are 2 things because of which i would say, dont buy any games of any publisher as long as  SecuRom is used by them or any other DRM like that. Good by Farcry 2. (only 1 installation as i heard)

October 21, 2008 9:21:57 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I can now afford both due to a recent gift.  Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.