The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Big Download takes a look at Demigod

By on October 16, 2008 3:09:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

Big Download takes a look at the September Demigod beta update and how far its come.

Here's a quick insert from the article:

“It's surprising to find myself here, writing this week's Alt-Tab. Not because I'm getting tired of writing about incredibly promising PC titles like Demigod but because I just can't stop playing them. To be specific, I'm speaking of the Beta 1A update for the title that added a new map, a new demigod and several tweaks that prove a little bit more content can go a long way."

Read the full article

0 Karma | 9 Replies
October 17, 2008 11:42:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

After reading this article and to ongoing debate in the forum I stop to laugh.

1.)     Demigod is currently not a click-fest experience where the fastest mouse/keyboard commands combined with strategic troop maneuvering wins the day. I'm thankful for it really,

2.)     To me, the experience is best when it's demigod vs. demigod,

Let’s start with the click fest IE skill level or RTS side of the game. This is what will bring depth, skill, and more sales of the game.  If you don’t want to be a general don’t play them and be beat.

Next what gives you the player or team the victory over the other player or team?? Is it defeating his DG no is it how many kills he has no again. So what is the magic victory decider that would be who destroys the stronghold first. So I can never fight your DG and win the game so while DG fights is some what cool it does get me the win or move me up the ranking scale to Number #1.    

October 17, 2008 7:12:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1) he said demigod is CURRENTLY not a click-fest. And adding RTS with generals won't make it a click-fest either...

2) note the first part of the second quote you copied: "To ME, the EXPERIENCE is best when..." He didn't say anything about victory, or winning, or being ranked #1. And actually, fighting other Demigods and getting your score up might just be a very good way of being ranked #1, regardless of if your team wins or not.

October 17, 2008 7:40:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@lprometheus

He is saying that you currently win by having skill and through a methodical strategy, not by purely having more click-speed.  Your idea that clickfest = skill in RTS games is wrong!  Sure, it helps, but it isn't nearly like the fastest clicker always wins.  It is supposed to be the quality of the actions you make, not the sheer quantity, that matters.  People (especially the thousands of casual single-player players) don't consider clickfests skill either, and won't buy a game that is known as a clickfest.

Also, if I defeat your Demigod, I can freely attack your Stronghold, plus I get gold.  Sounds like winning .  Also, it was an opinion on what he thought was most fun, not which particular part makes you win.

October 18, 2008 8:33:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

LOL at Iprometheus' misunderstanding of the article. For a start he sais it is CURRENTLY not a click fest. Plus clickspeed does not = skill, it can help but the winner in a game of CoH, BFME, AOE3 and sometimes in Starcraft and Warcraft 3 (depending on strats) the highest apmer does not always win.

Demigod vs Demigod is the most fun, thats all hes saying, although killing an enemy Demigod give exp, gold, removes him from getting exp and gold and gives an opportunity to destroy towers.

October 20, 2008 11:57:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First I did not misunderstand the article and I wonder outside of handful of People are all the beta testers RPG. You people total don’t get it we need the game to have stagey not Diablo meets Street fighter. And from the post this is all I see from the complaining of the flag lock that is now useless so if it is to stay at 30 sec. delete it no good to any one. To no control over the creeps what is the point of a general. Seems to me the design is total RPG with no regard to the RTS side. I hope this changes with version 2 but with all the RPG people crying looks like we get a RPG Street Fighter.

October 20, 2008 1:21:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First of all, who is saying everyone is RPG? I'm totally waiting for the RTS. I can't WAIT for the General. I've been looking forward to the general since I first heard of the idea of the game. It's just that we all (and since there were multiple of us, there's probably some truth to it, but heck what do I know.) felt you misunderstood what the article was saying, and we wanted to help you understand what was going on. Just trying to help you, that's all.

I don't get why defending the article = RPG fans. Maybe I'm not understanding something. Care to clarify?

October 20, 2008 1:34:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

All I am saying is the article total supports the RPG side. The writer points out the click fest RTS is lame and the most fun of the Game is DG vs. DG. If the General is done right he or she will not be able to stand toe to toe with a beast. This is where micro and stagey must come into play. Because if it doesn’t the RPG people will be I don’t like this it is not balance I can’t even fight the beast. I want my voice heard so this does not turn out to be as I said before Diablo meets street fighter. I want to beat the RPG guy with RTS stagey and if the micro is not there all you have is a DG cage match.    

October 20, 2008 4:03:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He is only supporting the RPG side because so far, that's all that there is. Its hard to support something that can't be tested out yet. While he said click-fest, he did not relate that to RTS at all. He also said to HIM, Demigod v. Demigod was his favorite experience. He was stating an opinion. When you play, you can say that to YOU, the RTS aspect is your favorite experience. Both of you will be correct, because it is an opinion.

October 20, 2008 4:50:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also, there is a such thing as RTS games that aren't clickfests.  Supcom:FA doesn't really qualify as a clickfest but it is a very good game.  He is saying that he is glad that it isn't a clickfest and is praising it for having more methodical gameplay rather than having sheer numbers of clicks as a major portion of doing well.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.