The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

GameZone Previews Demigod

By on October 16, 2008 12:07:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

GameZone interviews Brad Wardell for details on the highly anticipated upcoming real-time, tactical strategy game.

Here's a quick insert from the article:

“It doesn’t have a campaign in the traditional sense,” said Brad Wardell, President and CEO of Stardock. “We wanted to do something that had a little more playability because typically you play a campaign and then you’re done. Our single-player persistent mode is called The Pantheon, and in that mode you actually go on a quest to become a true god..."
"...So you have some tough choices at the end of each match. Do I make myself better so it’s easier to win future matches? Or do I move a little closer to ascending? Or do I want to put points against someone else to keep them from ascending? Of course, it’s not you versus one other guy, it’s you versus a half-dozen to a dozen other guys."

Read the full article to find out what's in store for this highly anticipated game.

0 Karma | 9 Replies
October 16, 2008 12:14:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It doesn’t have a campaign in the traditional sense

I don't like this phrase

October 16, 2008 2:22:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The Pantheon sounds like an AMAZING single player. I am EXTREMELY excited about trying it out!

October 16, 2008 3:46:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

heh, I want multiplayer Pantheon Mode

October 16, 2008 6:54:17 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It seems that Stardock doesn't like releasing games with a normal campaign.

Though Pantheon does, admittedly, sound a lot cooler than a conventional campaign.

October 16, 2008 7:38:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A new style of gameplay is most welcome.

October 16, 2008 10:19:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting imirk,
heh, I want multiplayer Pantheon Mode

would that be called the 'co-optheon'?

without or without co-op, Pantheon sounds like a really cool feature.

October 16, 2008 10:53:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah the pantheon campain realy make me exited.

I'm thinking about a pantheon style multyplayer tournament, that would be so cool.

October 18, 2008 9:03:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pantheon sounds cool, i ussually dont play the campaign much on games these days (except games like stalker which haave such an awsome singleplayer) but i rekon ill play the panteon

October 19, 2008 8:45:30 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

So this Pantheon isn't sandbox style?

It is persistant tournament in a selection of arenas? So playing the same set of arenas over and over? And won't I be "done" when I become a God? So in a sense that is traditional? I need some guide to this SP!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.