The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Nice Things about other Candidates

By on October 4, 2008 11:16:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I've created this forum to allow people to say nice things about the candidate that they would not vote for.

PLEASE BE HONEST ABOUT WHO YOU PREFER!!!

Since I prefer McCain I would say about Obama that at least he doesn't want people to vote for him solely because he is black.  For the VP's, Joe Biden does have a lot of experience and knows a lot about politics.

+3 Karma | 4 Replies
October 4, 2008 12:13:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am not an American but I had been favouring Obama becuase had find his speech quite convincing.

Recently I have read a New Scientist articl about the spin in political speeches

http://technology.newscientist.com/channel/tech/mg19926746.200-software-spots-the-spin-in-political-speeches.html

No wonder why Obama's speech sounds more convincing. He's spin level is out of control while McCain is on the other end, i.e. 'straight talk' and less bluff. That article is a very good read though, even if you aren't into science.

October 4, 2008 12:44:20 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I will vote Obama-Biden.

Mr. McCain has actually been one of my favorite Republicans for quite some time, although I haven't liked what the latest campaign has done to him. I especially like the period of his career where he worked hard to try to reduce the power of loose money in the election system (I think of McCain-Feingold as a decent start to getting Buckley v. Valeo overturned). I also admire people from privileged backgrounds such as his who choose to devote their entire lives to public service.

I don't know enough about Ms. Palin to offer what I think of as a decent compliment. I suppose I have a grudging admiration for someone who is willing to act on her value system with whatever power she gains through elected office, even if those efforts are clearly at odds with a solid majority of others in the US. I don't think asking if a mayor can ban books at the local library is good politics or good policy, but it does show ideological consistency for someone who presents herself as Ms. Palin does.

As a former civics instructor, I have to say I find this OP really encouraging. The economic troubles are going to burden all of us for quite a while, but I think our greatest national loss in the last few decades is our willingness to respect and even occasionally admire people with whom we have strong political differences.

October 4, 2008 6:27:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I can't say much about any of them.  But Looks like Hillary Clinton is praising Palin for what ever reason. I figure those to to conflict in their views.  Well thats about as close to nice I can get....

November 5, 2008 9:35:27 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Well, I still think it was a cryin' shame that almost no one tried the good exercise that donnor11 proposed.

But I'm posting now because I wanted to praise John McCain for the quality of his concession speech last night. It looks like the McCain I admired before the national GOP got their handlers on him is back. Unlike his running mate, he clearly (but gently) rejected the hateful shouting from his supporters, and I actually believe him when he talks about the importance of getting back to public business and trying to do a better job of working with the other party. He is truly a gentleman and an honorable public servant, despite his two-year lapse of judgement in choice of political advisors.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.