The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Skills getting outdated

By on September 23, 2008 12:00:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey, I thought I would put all of my thoughts and ideas on the skills in this game all together in one post.

The first issue I thought I would mention is the scaling of skill powers.  As you level up your stats and purchase new items, your character's standard attack damage increases.  Your skills' damage levels have a much more fixed cap on them, and there does not appear to be a way to increase that.  For example, if I remember correctly, Regulus's snipe attack does 600 damage once all of the possible ranks of it have been taken.  On the other hand, if you take the stat upgrade when you level up, and buy weapon damage increasing items, you can get to the point where Regulus puts out comparable or better damage by using his vanilla attack than by using his special skill.  Since each character has only four unique skills each, they should be as useful and versatile as they can be.  Maybe allowing a character's items or base attack to add on top of some skills' power would be good in some cases?

Obviously this will all be subject to rebalancing as the game progresses towards release, but I think it bears consideration.

+2 Karma | 1 Reply
September 23, 2008 12:35:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, balance is only very basic at this point (not the objective of beta 1). A lot of the items in particular will likely get rebalanced or have stacking reevaluated.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.