The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

G4TV: Stardock Introduces the Gamers Bill of Rights

By on September 20, 2008 7:11:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

Stardock CEO, Brad Wardell, introduces and explains the “Gamer’s Bill of Rights” to G4TV. 

The Gamer’s Bill of Rights is:

“a statement of principles that it hopes will encourage the PC game industry to adopt standards that are more supportive of PC gamers. The document contains 10 specific "rights" that video game enthusiasts can expect from Stardock as an independent developer and publisher that it hopes that other publishers will embrace.”

In this video Brad gives a great overview of the Gamers Bill of Rights, and shows it being signed by many people who attended PAX this year.  Check out the video below.

+458 Karma | 28 Replies
September 20, 2008 7:25:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well u got yourself another customer

September 20, 2008 7:29:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yay!!! This is awesome and I have to definiatly agree.

BTW PAX IS LOUD!

September 20, 2008 8:34:59 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

yes i ahve this game but when i try to download the 7 deadly sins I put it in the game folders and it wont play it im problably doin it wrong someone reply to me either my account or email via [email protected] and i would like to help stardock and all users on making this product much better juast reply back to me ill test mods and beta games anything ive got a pretty powerful ship thanks ,Tony.S

September 20, 2008 9:02:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"My job is to increase our sales, not eliminate worlwide piracy" i really laugh on this, it's so true. This is really why i love Stardock. They really know how to please their customers.

September 20, 2008 9:09:42 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I gotta hand it to Stardock, hopefully it will be a path alot of devolpers will follow.

September 20, 2008 10:31:06 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The start of something good for gamers...  

September 21, 2008 8:36:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The best thing since the invention of cake....

September 21, 2008 9:17:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We need more people like him in the video-games's world , his idea is interesting and i hope it will work

September 21, 2008 7:30:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The no copy protection on SoaSE was the tipping point for me buying it. 

Go Brad Wardell and Chris Taylor!

September 21, 2008 7:56:24 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

What did Chris Taylor do? He's making Demigod sure (and made supreme commander, I'm not doubting his awesome-ness), but this was all stardock's idea!

September 21, 2008 8:23:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thrawn2787,
What did Chris Taylor do? He's making Demigod sure (and made supreme commander, I'm not doubting his awesome-ness), but this was all stardock's idea!

that better be sarcasm... otherwise that post is bad and wrong.

and for the record; i'd say Mike 'Tyo' Marr is making DG over Chris Taylor.

September 21, 2008 8:29:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Kyrein,
The best thing since the invention of cake....

Meh, the cake was a lie...

I love this idea though. Hopefully Brad and the Stardock crew can get more and more publishers on board with this. It can only mean good things for the PC game market, IMO.

September 22, 2008 12:04:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I totally agree with you guys and love the initiative. Rather than constantly enforcing stricter policies and choking customers more and more... Stardock (Brad Wardell himself maybe? or was it marketing?) actually used their brains and came up with an innovative way to both protect their products (maybe not perfectly, but nonetheless pretty darn well) and keep customers happy.

September 22, 2008 10:36:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

best thing since sliced bread and the internet COMBINED

September 23, 2008 12:54:07 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

best thing since sliced bread and the internet COMBINED

It may be better than sliced bread, but it still can't beat the individualy wrapped cheese single.

September 23, 2008 1:38:58 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It may be better than sliced bread, but it still can't beat the individualy wrapped cheese single.
Maybe. Does it have mayo on it?

September 23, 2008 9:53:09 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Pasteurized process cheese product is an abomination to the tastiness that is real cheese

September 23, 2008 10:07:43 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Kryo speaks truth. I love swiss cheese, and one time I wasn't thinking and instead of my usual deli swiss I bought those Craft singles swiss.. it was god awful. Swiss cheese isn't supposed to have the consistency rubber and stick to your teeth and gums.

September 23, 2008 2:32:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Extra Sharp Cheddar. Rare and expensive, but it's the only cheese I've found that bites back. Sometimes sold by the slice.

I was thinking a full sandwich...

September 23, 2008 2:43:15 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I'm not sure I'd want cheese that bites back.

http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sarlacc732468dj7.jpg (forum doesn't want to paste my shot)

September 23, 2008 2:51:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I enjoy myself a laughing cow mini cheese wheel every so often. Do not underestimate the power of portable cheese.

September 23, 2008 9:48:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Extra Sharp Cheddar. Rare and expensive, but it's the only cheese I've found that bites back. Sometimes sold by the slice.

I like sharp cheddar, to bad it sometimes cuts my mouth

Pasteurized process cheese product is an abomination to the tastiness that is real cheese

Depends on what and where you buy. Mobile cheese is pure innovation.

September 24, 2008 10:24:54 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Wow ... from PC Gaming revolution .... to cheese ... what a topic.

September 24, 2008 10:29:19 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Welcome to the Stardock forums, where most threads rarely stay on topic past the first 4-5 replies

I, of course, absolve myself of any responsibility for the said derailing. *walks away whistling innocently*

September 24, 2008 12:55:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Velveeta is the bestest grilled cheese product ever!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000563   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.