The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Spore

Annoying Jibberish

By on September 18, 2008 11:45:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does anyone else hate Spore's annoying jibberish???? I once put the voice volume to mute , or just simply muted all sounds because of it.

0 Karma | 9 Replies
September 18, 2008 8:39:45 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

It is annoiying, its like im talking to a bunch of children who are trying to act like animals... Fortunatly I ain't playing that game anymore. What a load of hype.

September 27, 2008 6:04:43 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Epic... fail...

EA should reincorporate as EF... what a bunch of clowns. Told you it would suck... go on, search for my old posts. Anything EA puts their hands on turns to garbage.

September 27, 2008 7:06:48 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

You know what is worse? you only hear the voices when you open a comm chanell. Which:

1. requires you to orbit the planet.

2. starts off with a window saying hello, where you click on either "talk" or "leave" (if you click on talk, there is still a leave button!

3. You have to talk and go through multiple clicks to get your free repairs and refueling.

4. etc.

The game (oops, sorry, "spore is a toy, not a game", whatever that means) sucks.

September 30, 2008 4:47:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Aractain,
It is annoiying, its like im talking to a bunch of children who are trying to act like animals... Fortunatly I ain't playing that game anymore. What a load of hype.

I stopped playing after I reached the space stage twice. I mean honestly the game has absolutely no qualities for the regular gamer (let alone the hardcore). Its way too casual.

September 30, 2008 12:47:21 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Spore is, as Phazon says, a totally casual game.  I play it while talking on vent with my friends, it makes good downtime from WAR online or FPS games.

If you were expecting the next soul/time eating mega-twitch game from MAXIS and WILL WRIGHT, you really should have known better.  This game is pretty much The Sims 2 with creatures instead of people. 

It did get much better with the recent patch for Space, now there's more actual playing time and less time spent reacting to enemies/disasters/pirates.  The player and thier allies still desperately need to be able to build defensive/eco-response fleets, however...

September 30, 2008 1:49:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I went ahead and bought spore in spite of the DRM, in spite of the mass of complaints etc etc.... and well....  its not that bad.  No, its not by any stretch an intense hardcore game.  I'm not sure if it ever was meant to fill that niche.  It falls more along the lines of SIMS then Civilization.  Its a nice break from my other games (currently, COD4, DOTA, NCAA 09, Soul Caliber, God of War, Demigod Beta, and Sins). 

Spore fits nicely with the Wii theme.  In other words, fun games that cater to the casual player.  If you don't like the Wii or any of its games, then you probably won't like spore.

September 30, 2008 6:55:40 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

I don't know what you mean by "intense hardcore game"... I don't find GC2 or Sins to be "intense hardcore", but unlike spore they don't suck, in fact they are good.

Spore just sucks... ill take your word for the patch making the space age suck less (the real game, the rest is just mini games preceeding it), but if it still requires you to baby your planets... and i bet the money making system is still crap (360 spices per minute means a planet fills up its stores in 3 minutes, and you have to manually pick it up and transport it for vast sums of wealth, if you got the right routes, ugh)

October 1, 2008 12:47:05 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Well, it's not for everybody.  And I did say better, not perfect - if you didn't like the mechanics, no patch is going to save it - a mod might, but not a patch from EA.

Something I've learned is a t3 planet has more building spaces from the terra score than you can place - those extra spaces are for cannons.  Cannons work wonderfully to ward off generic pirates (and raiders on red spice planets don't even matter, yawn).  If you're at war you probabaly want to come back and blow up the aggressors, but even that's made easier by having cannons.

I make the spice thing more bearable by use of mainly purple/pink spice, which is good for lots of cash, and spice storage units, so I can occasionally make a run with a hold of 120 spice instead of doing it 10 by 10 repeatedly.

October 2, 2008 4:01:34 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

no they don't, aside from canons being carpel tunnel ville, the pirates easily destroy them, and you have to manually rebuild those.

However the uber canon, a 600,000 defender that flys around, insta kills anything, has 50k health, a sheidl, and is never shot at, DOES protect your colonies well (Although they might still loose a building or two, and will not rebuilt it).

You are the only one capable of getting those type of canons by the way, and they require you to grind to unlook the technology.

Yea there are tricks to spice, you can colonize a system with multiple colors, so you get good prices in system, and you can make a system with same color so you visit and max out your hold with 99 spice (you cant have 120 spice of the same type, max 99 of any item, including spice... unless the patch changed that). But it is still a huge pain, and it just seems incredibly STUPID that over 99% of the spice just goes to waste.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.