The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Gamespy Preview

By on September 18, 2008 10:21:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

Nothing new, but a good read anyway.

+4 Karma | 15 Replies
September 18, 2008 11:05:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

its sad that reading these are pointless now cause we know more about the game then reading can tell us

September 18, 2008 12:57:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"Now six demigods from across the mortal world are battling each other for the right to step into the Allfather's divine sandals and leave the mortal plane forever."

I hate gamespy so much.

All their writers are volunteers now.  They stopped paying people long ago.  And since then all their articles have been so so so horrible.

September 18, 2008 1:46:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I see nothing wrong with the preview.  Were you expecting some new information?   I think you guys are too picky or just bias against gamespy.

September 18, 2008 2:03:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The info is not even correct. Example: They keep talking about eight demigods, not six.

September 18, 2008 2:09:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree...there is nothing wrong with this article except for the fact that it was not written for beta testers.

September 18, 2008 2:12:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The info is not even correct. Example: They keep talking about eight demigods, not six.

that appears correct but I shuld note that people here have been depating how many and what kind of Demigods would be present even here.  I think it is written as a preview to a beta build of a game that will more than wet the whistle of potential players which means more fun for all of us. 

September 18, 2008 3:09:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is misinformation.

Their job is to report correct information, not wrong information.

My job isn't even that of a writer and I'm spotting wrong things in all their articles on all sorts of games.

September 18, 2008 3:50:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My job isn't even that of a writer and I'm spotting wrong things in all their articles on all sorts of games.

I thought we were talking about this article not the entire list of articles in the site.  Is there anything in this article that causes damage to the general perception of this game? 

September 18, 2008 4:20:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

6 demigods they say, when there will be at least 8, for one?

September 18, 2008 5:08:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yep, I agree on that one...but I still think it generates interest in the game as a whole.  It's really not a big deal with me.  As an aside, have you ever condidered writing an article for them?  It sounds like you would have a lot of good insite.

September 18, 2008 9:09:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Quoting innociv,
6 demigods they say, when there will be at least 8, for one?
That article was based on my experience playing the beta edition of the game I was provided which had six demigods -- as did all of the ancillary material such as loading screens. As such it was correct based on my experience.
If there any other errors in the article, please e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll happily make a correction.
September 18, 2008 11:15:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I honestly didn't expect that.

September 19, 2008 9:13:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

September 19, 2008 10:02:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also, if you want to get technical the beta has 3v3 gameplay which gives us 6 demigods, even though they are not unique.

September 19, 2008 1:58:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So it was a different build than we have.

I somehow doubt that GPG/stardock ahve decided to drop down to 6 demigods.

And as for the loading screen, I believe that is just a place holder and later on it's going to show the actual Demigod's picked, hense the VS.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000204   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.