The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Anybody play SSBB?

By on September 10, 2008 9:20:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire ForumsExternal Link

I was wondering if anybody here played SSBB, and if you feel like playing me.

I go by polak and I am part of the Dialga clan. (Dialga is some super powerful pokemon, so my friend says)

Here is a link to our clan homepage if you are interested.

http://dialgaclan.darkbb.com/

+3 Karma | 5 Replies
September 11, 2008 2:20:41 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I did, briefly. Brawl is better than Melee, but both are far inferior to the original. I play that regularly.

September 11, 2008 6:24:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Play it pretty intesnsively only problem is that 1second delay lag online...its impossible to play a pro game like that

September 11, 2008 11:40:05 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting WIllythemailboy,
I did, briefly. Brawl is better than Melee, but both are far inferior to the original. I play that regularly.

I simply don't understand how they're inferio... is it because that one was so simple?  Personaly going back to that simplicity (as if the new one isn't easy enough in terms of learning curve) of the original has me finding it much more boring and thus much less satisfying that Brawl and melee.

September 12, 2008 1:46:39 AM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Quoting Surelog,

Quoting WIllythemailboy,
reply 1

I simply don't understand how they're inferio... is it because that one was so simple?  Personaly going back to that simplicity (as if the new one isn't easy enough in terms of learning curve) of the original has me finding it much more boring and thus much less satisfying that Brawl and melee.

In a word, yes. Simplicity, consistency, and far better playability. More characters is OK, I guess, but the levels and items added in Melee and Brawl take away from the core gameplay. Half the levels in Brawl you spend more time surviving the environment than you do fighting your opponents.

I'm actually pretty good at Brawl, even though I don't play online. Comparatively, I'm much better at Brawl than I am at SSB - the game simply isn't as much fun. Ever see a one-swing triple bat kill on Brawl? Or a bat-hammer mutual kill? The took all the tactical skill out of the game and put random damage crap in instead.

September 15, 2008 1:28:54 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I enjoyed SSBM on the gamecube but it got old after awhile as most games do... so here I am back at my PC playing the game I have since it was released... SOSE

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.