The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Discussion]Buying experience

By on September 8, 2008 10:13:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So what do you guys think?  I think it could be useful especially for new players who may fall behind in levels to be able to buy experience points.  I think it could be balanced because buying experience means less items later in the game.  I'm not going to throw out any specific numbers but I imagine it being more for lower levels to catch up rather than a feasible way for someone to get WAY ahead in levels.

+5 Karma | 10 Replies
September 8, 2008 10:32:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It'd be useless clutter added to the game.  Use your money forbetter items to improve your char.

Items should be equally important to levels, not better or worse, so this would give no benefit really.  All it'd do is add another feature for someone to figure out.

September 8, 2008 10:35:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am not sure I like this one.  It seems like buying experience points would act as a counter encentive to actually earning them.  I agree that if someone is way out ahead in levels it would even the game a bit if you could simply buy your way into a more competitive level but then again isn't that definition...dare i say it...like cheating?

September 9, 2008 3:08:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

K, so ill just gonna spend my first xxxx Gold for XP on an early-game Demigod - then with my overleveled skills i run around the map and nuke late-gamers until it stops being funny and gonna fetch some sexy pewpew-Items to own even more...

Nah,  the game is already fast enough imo. And for beginners.. go and learn to play, right now, alot of people here in the forum try to make the game beginner friendly while being attractive to high lvl gaming.

But in every game you just have to learn some stuff on your own - and yes, you'll be beaten by better players during your first tries, but thats how every game is somehow. Btw, the learning curve is not that hard as in dota, since the game will have Singleplayer mode for practicing. If this mode will be good, then the newbies wont feel totally overpowered.

So long, Aspartem

September 15, 2008 12:58:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

to prevent the experienced/lucky players from getting way ahead of the competition this should be open to the bottom-feeder only. not the bottom feeder on each team, but the bottom-feeder -- and there's still issues that may need to be accomidated for (ie. the bottom-feeder has 1050 exp and the leader has 1060 exp).

it does add clutter, however any clutter could be reduced by making it tradeable at the artifact shop in the centre of the map.

September 15, 2008 1:46:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Chances are if you've got the gold to spend you've already got the levels. Seeing as how killing creeps gives gold and experience. Which puts your enemies in a more awkward position.

The only thing that gives large amounts of gold and no experience is killing towers.

September 15, 2008 2:48:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You get a sizeable amount of gold from just existing in the game.  I imagine that if you are several levels behind you could spend it on Experience instead of items.  You'll still be the weakest character but at least you will have the levels to compete.  Like I said you should be prevent from doing what Asp suggested by maybe limiting it like Bullet suggested.

September 15, 2008 3:05:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Limited like that, it could be a good idea. It should not be a viable tactic to just buy levels, but it could help somebody who is lagging behind and has a bit extra.

September 15, 2008 4:44:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nah I don't like it... and what's the reason why they can bought it? Experience is experience you get it for what are you doing and what you see, not for cash.

September 15, 2008 4:57:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This would make the QoT absolutely rape........she has a bunch of gold generating skills

September 15, 2008 11:31:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Going along with Kyrein, I like keeping gold/gear and exp/levels separate no only for balancing issues, but to allow some Demigods to make money/levels faster than others. Having a merchant class that is very weak skillwise but can buy the best gear and use millions of consumeables makes the game more dynamic (although there are balancing issues with that too ).

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.