The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Strength of God OP

..due to wrong calculation

By on September 8, 2008 8:09:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its just a minor thing with huge impact. His %-Dmg gain is added after all the items are counted to his damage. So the 14k Gloves give him +1000 Damage which everyone can say is immensivly overpowered

Mostly get Abrahams => 50% Atk speed Boots => 200dmg Glove or 125 Dmg wand and you gonna 2-3 hit other Rooks. Walk up, Boulder, 2-3 Hits, Hammer done. Reggy and Torchi die after the 2 normal hits without the Hammer.

Two possible changes: Reduce the +% dmg to something like 25% per level or add it before the items are calculated. So it would make

((Base Dmg + Stats skill)*<Gods Strenght>) + Items      Instead of:  (Base Dmg + Stats + Items)*<Gods Strenght>.

So long, Aspartem

+2 Karma | 9 Replies
September 8, 2008 9:06:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe it should JUST effect items instead!  More syngergy that way.

But this build isn't about balance.
Maybe gods strength will be underpowered because of other changes to the game in 2 months with the skill remaining the same.

September 9, 2008 8:28:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, but it makes testing stuff harder, if rooks just plows through enemy lanes like a bulldozer on steroids. Slight adjustment wont upset the whole balancing.

I trust GpG, that if rnd people like me state such an issue, that they first think about it, and then maybe change it.. but in a such a degree they want it, and not just what is suggest.

So long, Aspartem 

September 21, 2008 11:07:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think it would be easier to balance if they made it so % boosts only stacked with your character's base attack rather than with items, because if they do that, then it's almost inevitable for either the skill +items to be overpowered, or the items and skill separately to be underpowered.

September 21, 2008 11:48:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the 50 dmg orb + 125dmg orb + All Father Ring + the 40% atk speed boots + the 40dmg helm  + 900 health armor + 200 dmg gloves + lvl 4 gods strenght + full attribute stats = 2076-2176 dmg

i could be 1 or 2 numbers off but i managed to get rook with that much dmg with 1.12 atk speed so yea his friggin beastly

September 22, 2008 10:30:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Curseman,
I think it would be easier to balance if they made it so % boosts only stacked with your character's base attack rather than with items, because if they do that, then it's almost inevitable for either the skill +items to be overpowered, or the items and skill separately to be underpowered.

No it means the +damage items would be overpowered for the rook.  It means as the Rook you might want to consider using +str items instead of more health/armor, or lower cooldowns, if you use this skill because you'd get a better benefit for it.

If it effects the base attack and not items, instead of the items and not base attack, then there is no such thinking to be done.
Thinking is good, IMO.

September 22, 2008 1:42:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I remember reading that Demigods would be balanced by making them all overpowered.

That +1000 is still melee only, after all.

September 22, 2008 3:51:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting innociv,

Quoting Curseman,
reply 3

No it means the +damage items would be overpowered for the rook.  It means as the Rook you might want to consider using +str items instead of more health/armor, or lower cooldowns, if you use this skill because you'd get a better benefit for it.

If it effects the base attack and not items, instead of the items and not base attack, then there is no such thinking to be done.
Thinking is good, IMO.

You still have to think about whether you want offense, defense, speed, utility, etc when you're out purchasing items and getting skill upgrades in either case.  The difference is that if SoG stacks with items, then they can choose to balance it around items not being used with SoG, in which case SoG + items will be extremely powerful, or they can balance it with the assumption that players will take both, in which case they are likely to be weak separately.

If taking +damage items is the best choice for the Rook, then it doesn't encourage more thinking.  Having one option better than the others means that there's no thought needed, just take that option.  If there are several options, and it is difficult to decide which is best for any given situation, then it takes more strategy.

September 23, 2008 7:05:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

no.. all +dmg items would work with it. And it's jsut with that skill.  What if a rook wants to use towers and crap?

You assume it's imposible to make other similar skills that synergize with items and that the game won't be balanced.

September 23, 2008 11:18:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting innociv,
no.. all +dmg items would work with it. And it's jsut with that skill.  What if a rook wants to use towers and crap?

You assume it's imposible to make other similar skills that synergize with items and that the game won't be balanced.

Not impossible to balance, but much harder.  SoG is a really intense boost, and then you have things like those +200 damage gloves, another intense boost.  When you combine them though, you get something that completely and utterly outdoes all other forms of damage in the game.

My issue is that it will be difficult to make SoG and strong +damage items competitively viable together, and also be viable separately when the amount of stacking is so high.

With the current setup, SoG and the gloves are viable separately, but together they seem a bit overstrong to me.  It's still too early to say what direction things will be taken in, of course.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.