The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

My review , with bugs, and balance issues

By on September 6, 2008 2:19:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First of all I would like to say that this game has surpassed my expectations. THough there are minor bugs and glitches, the beta had no problems running on my mid grade gaming computer.

There is one bug that irritated me the most. When you are targetting something, it should drop the target when you move away from it from a certain distance. Or targets should be dropped when shopping. When I was shopping for items , the target indicator (ie. targetting soldier or tower) would not drop and therefor i could not buy the basic potion or equipment. \

I also had to click several times for my hero to move, or target something. I think the hotkey A and then left clicking should command your hero to target anything on its path to the destination of your choosing.

The torch bearer's fire transformation should be stronger than that of his ice side. His rain of fire was weaker than the rain of ice. I think it should be the other way around with shorter cooldown but higher energy consumption.

The Rook: nothing should be changed, his is not overpowered since he moves so slow. I would increase the cooldown of the boulder because when facing mutliple rooks, one would be overwhelmed to the extent of anger.  The trebuchet needs more accuracy.

Regulus: sometimes his proximity mines would trigger and not show the explosion and the enemy would recieve any damage. Sometimes the mine would vanish(when an enemy ran over it) , even though I did not reach the limit for laying mines. 

When damaging towers , the display on the tower itself did not indicate any damage but the target indicator did. I may be missing something; do the towers regenerate? 

I will continue my quest to helping Gas powered games , and Stardock at making this game excellent.

0 Karma | 7 Replies
September 6, 2008 3:51:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think the hotkey A and then left clicking should command your hero to target anything on its path to the destination of your choosing.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it does that - if it doesn't for you then you might have a bug, rather than the feature missing.

[quote quoting="post"]The torch bearer's fire transformation should be stronger than that of his ice side. His rain of fire was weaker than the rain of ice. I think it should be the other way around with shorter cooldown but higher energy consumption.

This beta isn't about balancing issues, but yeah, i agree. The fire mode should be more powerful than the ice mode, however the cooldown for relive the immolation should be longer. This way, you have to better manage when you use fire mode, to access your more powerful skills. As it is, the ice nova and ice storm are too powerful compared to the fire skills - you could concievably ignore the fire mode altogether, and go always ice. I'd rather see weak ice skills, or at least lower damage on the rain of ice, and then high damage skills in fire mode.

September 6, 2008 3:52:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

want edit

September 6, 2008 3:57:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

k, now for my response.

If you have the Single Click Aggresive Move option enabled in the game options mode, then your god will automatically do and attack-move to where ever you click. double clicking issues a normal move order

Torchy i cant really say, it seems almost like over all the fire and Ice rains do about the same damage, i say adding some sort of abilities to all of his attacks in different modes, or at least for the Rain of Ice/Fire, Ice would slow down enemies in the area(if it does already i cant tell) Fire should maybe do some sort of Burning damage(like some initial damage and then some more damage over time)

Im sorry to say but if you think the Rook is fine the way he is, your on crack, he is totally OP with his Stun+Hammer. imo the stun needs to be nerfed with either less time stunned or longer cool down, i dont care about the hammer because its supposed to be a big assed hammer that pwns stuff, but when he can stun you waltz up to you without a care in the world nd then just about 1 shot you with the hammer(unless your another rook) thats OP

Regulas i haven't seen any problems with his  mines yet will keep an eye for what you said and see if i get the problem too. i do have a grip about his initial range, i was under the impression that his bow would be able to outrange defenses from the start, presently it does not, only after you get the first Scope power his attack begins to out range defenses.

September 6, 2008 7:40:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

my 2 cents

Torch Bearer: make fire hurt more, give a bit more hp each level

Regulus: imo Regs mines are weak, although his stun is nice. in my SUPER own opinion, rethink his skills, I dont use them much ... nice try on the sniper/techies demigod tho

RooK: make his arrows a tad more powerful, longer wait between barrages, tad increase to his light tower damage, and put priority on what the trebuchet hits, i get tired of watching it hit towers beind the onw next to me (does it from time to time). And his supposedly op stun, you dont need to change the cool down on it or the stun duration, give him a longer animation, and make the stun boulder slower, allowing for split second jukage.

this is all my opinion though,

September 7, 2008 12:16:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you dont need to change the cool down on it or the stun duration, give him a longer animation, and make the stun boulder slower, allowing for split second jukage.

This. That would fix it perfectly.

September 7, 2008 1:58:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fire rain has a shorter cooldown then ice meaning that right around the time the third wave is done you can cast it again.  Keeping the flame going.

Rook is IMBA currently.  Lower range (he can hit enemies beyond FOG!) or lower stun duration, Cool down is decent as is if the others are changed.  Lower damage on slam.  Sure he's badass, but an AOE strike that takes a minimum of a half a health bar...?  I don't see how anyone could beat a team of Rooks right now.  All they would have to do is take turn rolling their boulders followed with 3 slams, TKO push push, repeat, game over.

September 7, 2008 3:06:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sure he's badass, but an AOE strike that takes a minimum of a half a health bar...?

The AoE doesn't do that much damage, IIRC. It's only ridiculously damaging if it directly hits, and that's only likely if the enemy's stunned. It's his stun ability that makes him so insane, and I think the best way to balance that is to make it have a considerably slower animation and make the boulder slower.

Fire rain has a shorter cooldown then ice meaning that right around the time the third wave is done you can cast it again. Keeping the flame going.

It also hits on a bigger area, so that's very different too.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000187   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.