The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Beta Feedback Roundup: READ FIRST

By on September 5, 2008 6:00:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod ForumsExternal Link

For those who weren't with us for the Sins beta, I'll be updating this page (linked below) frequently with the past day's reports, consolidating multiple reports of the same issues and filtering out those that were previously reported. Please consult this page to see if an issue is known before posting about it.

Some things you guys can do to make things easier for the devs and for me:

+ Post your feedback in the apporpriate category. Bugs go in the Demigod Beta Feedback category. If it's a request rather than an actual bug, please put it over in the Demigod Ideas category, rather than this one. If it's not a bug report or a suggestion for the game, put it in the general Demigod category.

+ Mark the thread title clearly with the general sort of issue. For example, [Crash], [Interface], [Gameplay]. See the roundup for examples of what sorts of bugs fall under what category.

+ As above, please check for existing reports before posting, if possible. Less dupes makes everyone happier

[ Click here to see the roundup! ]

(hosting it externally as it tends to get extremely long, and there's a bug with Firefox in such cases causing the thread to become unreadable)

+376 Karma | 36 Replies
September 6, 2008 2:37:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very nice roundup/buglist there, would be cool if someone would have time to keep it up-to-date for all of us.

September 6, 2008 4:29:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great stuff.

September 6, 2008 6:06:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Himmelweiss,
 Very nice roundup/buglist there, would be cool if someone would have time to keep it up-to-date for all of us.

I think that is what kryo is doing .  He works for Stardock, if I'm not horribly mistaken.

September 6, 2008 6:27:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yup.

September 6, 2008 8:39:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I replied to two of the not-starting-up threads with the solution after you put this up yesturday.  See ya edited it.

Yeah basically when someone says they get that runtime error, or no error.. ctrl+f their dxdiag and search for logitec under visual devices.

September 7, 2008 7:36:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Where do i find that Demigod Beta Feedback category? I dont see it on the forums ...

September 7, 2008 8:10:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OsirisDawn,
Where do i find that Demigod Beta Feedback category? I dont see it on the forums ...

here

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/forum/472

September 7, 2008 10:24:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, that buglist covers about everything I've seen so far.

September 7, 2008 7:59:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You should post it in the Beta Feedback forum too

September 8, 2008 2:06:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Updated.

September 10, 2008 4:33:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great list and not too big either.  I might have mis-read it in the list but has anyone asked for the GUI to be 'always on top'. If it's over a shop and you are attacking I have to rotate the camera to click my abilities.

Really excited to see how this progresses. Keep up the good work

September 11, 2008 1:54:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Kyro could you possibly use a different background, or make the background a bit darker? At least on my computer the white text melds right in with the clouds. Not a big deal.

September 11, 2008 8:25:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also, note it might be a good idea to repost this as a Sticky to the beta feedback forum to try and cut back on some of the duplicate reporting.

September 12, 2008 9:19:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very true. To give you an example, when I first started posting I hit the "Community" icon and then browsed the "Demigod Beta Feedback" forum. By going in this direction I missed this Feedback Roundup and wound up posting something that was similar to something else. I could imagine that alot more Beta testers are going in the same direction.

We've got members linking to this page for the redundant topics, but unfortunately their posts are bumping up those topics.

September 12, 2008 11:48:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Kyro could you possibly use a different background, or make the background a bit darker? At least on my computer the white text melds right in with the clouds. Not a big deal.

What browser are you using? The body of the page should have a blue semi-transparent background, same as the main (non-forums) part of this site.

Also, note it might be a good idea to repost this as a Sticky to the beta feedback forum to try and cut back on some of the duplicate reporting.

It was initially placed here so I could also feature it on Impulse (as well, the forums were acting up that night and the categories weren't appearing). But I can put a copy up there for what small amount it may help.

September 12, 2008 3:02:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm using IE. Its an older version (6.00.2900.2180   Internet Explorer 6 for Windows XP SP2). However, I see the pale blue background on every site except for the roundup, so there might be some sort of coding thing that won't let it show up for earlier versions? When I get home I'll try my IE7 and see how it goes.

September 13, 2008 12:26:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It looks fine on IE7. It must not be working on the earlier versions. Again, no biggie.

September 13, 2008 6:11:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not sure if this is the place to post this but here goes. I have noticed a bug that sometimes the creeps (mainly archers + priests) can get stuck attacking mines laid by Rugulus. This wouldn't be a problem but they either can't hit it or do so little damage that they are held back FOREVER. Last game a checked because i thought it was odd nothing was coming from the top side, and there were at least 30 archers just sat there trying to get it. I had to HammerBash the mine to get them to move.

Sorry again if this is in the wrong place.

Goggzy

September 13, 2008 6:18:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please post bugs in their own threads (and that one in particular is in fact already in the roundup, but thanks anyway).

September 22, 2008 1:20:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated (beta forum's been slow).

October 3, 2008 11:40:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated for 1A.

October 8, 2008 1:01:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated.

October 10, 2008 1:36:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In this thread, it specifically ask for use to categorize bugs by type, i.e. [Interface] or [Crash]. Yet when I posted what I thought was a visual interface bug, and labeled it as such, the GPG Servo ended up re-titling it as just [BUG]. Is there a reason for that? This was the Hammer Slam/Regulus missing animation that in the roundup is listed under Interface issues.

October 21, 2008 12:49:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Roundup updated.

Servo is adding reports to the internal bug tracker, so he can rename threads in any way that facilitates that better.

November 7, 2008 12:27:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated.

Please note, for any pathfinding issues (generally manifesting as demigods or units getting stuck and unable to move), AFAIK the new pathing system is *not* implemented in Beta 1C. So these problems may be eliminated automatically when it comes with Beta 2. However, please report them anyway, if only for completeness.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.